Matthew 7:21-23 Misapplied to Teach Works Salvation

Matthew 7:21-23 says, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity." (King James).

So okay, let's get this straight to how this precious truth is now being corrupted by the works salvation crowd. They have used verse 21 to justify works salvation. So they say, "Well we're busy doing the will of God lest we fall away and lose our salvation." However the "will of God" here is concerning salvation which John 6:37 clearly says, "And this is the will of Him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on Him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day." See- the will of the Father is that everyone sees Jesus the Son and believes in Him to get their salvation!

Now it's time to really read through the whole passage and not take it out of context. Verse 22 reflects the works salvation crowd no doubt especially when they try to tell the Lord Jesus of all their wonderful works but they NEVER were saved begin with. So in verse 23, the Lord Jesus can only reply, "I NEVER KNEW YOU! Depart from Me ye that work iniquity." They were NOT saved to begin with, they NEVER HAD SALVATION that's why it is I NEVER knew you. He NEVER said, "I once knew you." once again defending the stand on once saved, always saved and it can be displayed that Christians DO NOT depart from God in contrast to the likes of Judas Iscariot who was NOT a Christian to start with(1 John 2:19).