Debating with Catholic Faith Defenders Can Be Very Counterproductive to Anybody's Christian Growth

Before, I remembered how I used to do a lot of debates with Roman Catholic apologists.  However the more I update on their blogs, the more I realize that arguing with them is a very useless endeavor.  The problem can be this - they debate in my territory, I win and when I do debate in their territory, they win.  If one had may have any known Roman Catholic faith defender as the moderator, the other side may have an unprofessional Independent Fundamental Baptist preacher who is out of bound.  Don't believe me?  You might consider how I discovered how many IFB preachers past and present were very quarrelsome.  Steven Anderson is among the worst especially with how he interacts with people when he's asked touchy questions or that he seems not to be able to do without a debate.

When I follow up with Bro. Gerry Soliman's blog, I have seen how many times the Catholic apologists tend to write really absurd arguments.  It was just like the encounter with "Lay Person Scripturist" or or the members of the blog which I'll dub as "The Splendor of the Roman Catholic Church" and please, don't ask for the URLs.  I don't want to give them any more soapboxes than they already have on the Internet.  What is funny is that one Roman Catholic apologist after the other goes from absurd arguments laced with several logical fallacies, swearing, cursing and in short they are a childish bunch.  But as said, never underestimate a fool because he or she can also be a very dangerous person as first, you are dragged to their level then they beat you with their experience.  I have been there, done that.

It just reminded me of the early stages in my Christian life, I had ended up debating with some Roman Catholics over the issue of doctrine.  It was a painful experience for them to see me with the Bible because they know a debate is really coming.  Later, I realized that the Bible is something that do you not debate on.  The call of Christian living in 1 Peter 3:15 is to sanctify the LORD God in their hearts and to be ready always to give an answer to those who question their faith.  Their job is to unleash the truth, not to debate about the truth.  2 Timothy 2:16 also warns that profane babbling must be avoided.  Debating only ends up beating around the bush and going nowhere especially if it's with opponents who are childish and immature.

Christians are called to defend their faith but never to debate about it.  To defend one's faith would be to give support for their faith by presenting evidence.  However debating is when one decides to argue about a subject.  Most of the time, most Roman Catholic faith defenders aren't even professional debaters anyway.  That means, it's a waste of time holding it with them especially they can beat anybody with their experience in being stupid.  An ox may be  dumb creature but it can get dangerous when provoked as it can gore a person to death.