Proverbs 14:12 - What May Seem Right May Soon Lead to the Dead End Towards Hellfire!

Whenever I meditate on the meaning of Proverbs 14:12, I always think of people doing what's right in their own eyes. In Judges 21:25 it summarized the whole problem of Israel during the days of the judges, people were doing what they thought was right but it was not right. The problem is no different than today especially when it comes to the issues of sin and doing what's right. When I read the Book of Judges and the Book of Jeremiah when I am frustrated, I find myself not a bit surprised to what's going on in the world.

The quote in the topmost picture is from Arthur W. Pink on "The Devil's Delusion" and I am afraid many people are trapped in Satan's program of self-righteousness while believing they serve God, they are unknowingly serving the Devil. Works salvation as a system of man's own justice ignores the total depravity of man. Now one can say, "How dare you say I am totally depraved?" I am sorry but Isaiah 64:6 calls our righteousness as filthy rags, Romans 3:10-19 declares the guilt of man, James 2:10-11 declares that it only takes one sin to lose one's standing with the Law of God. If anything, God's justice will not save any sinner, it will only condemn the lost sinner to Hell. It is often ignored by world religions is that if righteousness were achieved by the Law, Christ died for nothing (Galatians 2:21). The more I thought of verses to answer objections, that is another. It's utterly irritating to say, "Well Jesus won't die for somebody as wicked as you." but again, Romans 5:6 states that Jesus died for ungodly men. Nobody is righteous and the righteousness of God is not based on other people but His perfect Law.

In a world that is fulled with people who just want their own righteousness, Romans 10:2-3 can describe those who are religious but lost as this that they have a zeal for God but not according to knowledge, being ignorant of God's righteousness, that they have not submitted to the righteousness of God. It's often we hear, "Do good. Do not do unto others what you don't want others to do unto you." I am afraid that such goodness is shallow and worldly without Christ. Some say that after I left the hellish religion of Roman Catholicism and told them that only Jesus saves, I was called a bigot because in the world system today, it doesn't matter what religion you practice as long as you are sincere.

Ignorance of the righteousness of Christ leads to bizarre and disastrous effects on our society. I remembered the news that made me vomit was that the Supreme Court of the United States declared homosexual marriages as legal and Christianity has become more and more frowned upon. Looking at how atheism is a huge "intellectual" movement, they hypocritically appeal to the use of laws and morals to condemn others for their convenience while they also declare that there are no absolutes. The more I look at today's situation, the more I feel people have a relative view of morality which leads to even more reason why the world is in chaos.