Sooner or Later, Growing Christians Will Love to Read the Bible All the More!

Reading the Bible cover to cover once is never enough and I want to read more of it.  Even if I know what happens from Genesis to Revelation, I still can't stop putting the Bible down because I can never outgrow it.  The reason why I cannot stop putting the Bible down meaning I can't stop reading it and why is that?  It's because the Bible has a warm message for me every day and when there's something that's difficult to understand, I seek a good commentary to read through it and finding out what it means.

As a former Roman Catholic, I didn't like the idea of studying the Bible and I was soon placed in Bethany Christian School.  What I didn't realize was that it was the hand of God that placed me into that school.  I still insisted on Roman Catholic tradition but he mightily used Pastor Armando Candido Borja to preach the Gospel and I became among a few to be of the chosen.  From a person who hated Bible studies because it went against the Roman Catholic faith, I soon discovered its timeless truths even if I was still reading through a Roman Catholic translation, I felt like the thunder and lighting was there.  I felt like I was in deep serious trouble with God then later, I would really find myself loving the Scriptures because it showed me to the truth.  In short, I was a person who wanted to destroy it but now I defend the truth of Scripture.

When I was a new Christian, I valued the Bible as an important resource but didn't really read it as regularly as possible due to the old nature and due to a lack of understanding of the Scriptures.  No sooner, I soon realized that even after I dared to read the Bible cover to cover than just follow a study guide, I could not help but fall in love with it.  Even after reading the end of Revelation, I wanted to go back to Genesis all over again.  Just as I expected is that the Bible grew on me and I could never outgrow it because I am a sinner saved by grace, the Bible contains the very the Word of God.  How could I outgrow it if at best, I am still a sinner but a sinner whose life was changed by God's grace and the Bible continues that transformation.

Why can't any true Christian put the Bible down?  Today, God speaks inaudibly to His own through the Bible and when we are having problems, sometimes a verse of Scripture points out sound advice.  The Bible is God's message for the Christian today and no true Christian would ever treat the Bible like a false convert would after some time.  In Psalms, David would call the Law of the LORD his delight and in Romans 7:22, Paul declares that the Law of the LORD is indeed his delight.  Considering Christian living is never complete without Bible reading, how can any true Christian not feel empty should they neglect to fill the Bible and they feel they want more of God's Word the more they read it and meditate on it even when it's outlawed, still they'd read it like Daniel prayed like he always did or when Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego refused to bow down to the golden idol, they would stand for it.