It's already a common fallacy used by the anti-Trinitarian cults to say something like, "Show me a verse in the Bible that God is a Trinity." or "The word Trinity is not in the Bible." This is the fallacy of false dichotomy where you restrict the opponent to just a few alternatives or none when there are more alternatives. This is the problem that the Iglesia Ni Cristo shows whenever they demand that their opponents should show them a verse that says God is a Trinity word for word.
Another verse that's widely missing or heavily edited in modern versions.
1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in Heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
One of the INC's favorite versions is the Moffatt Bible to defend their heresies. So whose word is final? Moffat? INC? None. The final word is in the Bible. The word Trinity is descriptive of the state of being three. The Bible already shows the Trinity even if it doesn't outright say, "God is a Trinity." Yet we have the Trinitarian truth preached throughout the Bible. So who are they to say that 1 John 5:7 is not in the Bible?
Using their own logical fallacy at them these questions could be raised to address their inconsistency aside from the one suggested by South Dakota Apologetics where I got the picture from:
- If you say God is not a Trinity then show me a verse word for word that says God is not a Trinity.
- Is there a verse in the Bible that says that Felix Manalo is the last true prophet and that we must obey him?
- Could you show me a verse where it says that Jesus is not God?
- Dr. James R. White Debunks the Rumor He's Converting to the Iglesia Ni Cristo
- Heresies that the Iglesia ni Felix Manalo Teach About their Founder
- In Defense of the Trinity
- Jesus Christ is God Defended
- Manny Pacquiao's Conversion: True or False?
- Strange Ideas about the Trinity from the Cults
- Testimony of Former Iglesia Ni Cristo Member, Now a Born Again Christian
- The Church DID NOT and DOES NOT Apostasize!
- The Incredible Irony that the Iglesia Ni Cristo Condemns Itself
- Verses from Isaiah Misused by the Church of Felix Manalo to Justify Their Origins
- Was the Church Named as the "Iglesia ni Cristo" in Scripture?