Stop Treating Your Pastors Like Celebrities!

Here's Pastor Paul David Washer with a VERY powerful and packing message not to put your pastor on the pedestal.  All I can say, well done brother.  Oh yes, I am praying for your son Evan's recovery from the flu so get well soon Evan.  

I would also like to share my views with his views as well:

1.) Pastors are preachers of the final authority BUT they are not the final authority.  It's okay to have a favorite preacher like for example how I really like how Paul Washer preaches or I'm now a supporter of Grace to You Ministries but remember they are subject to error.  For example, as much as John Macarthur is a good preacher, he is NOT the final authority- God's Word is, and he would definitely agree with me on that as a Bible preacher!  

2.) Every man of God is supposedly unpopular and not accepted in their own country like any prophets.  Today the scourge of the true prophets of God hit the men of God.  Seriously celebrity worshiping pastors is nothing more than a trap for them.  I mean, I just had my thoughts on scourges that some men of God get on hate sites.

3.) Every preacher is subjected to error as human beings.  No pastor should be treated as the "infallible representative of Christ" or so or having the ability to forgive sins.  No pastor should be treated in the same level of reverence as if they are truly holy men- remember holiness in a Christian is an imputation of righteousness from Christ and the result of salvation but NEVER putting the man of God as "another Jesus".  What happens is that should a false pastor appear and destroy the pulpit or should a pastor fall into error, it causes severe disappointment.