Charles Spurgeon on Churches That Replace Soulwinning With Entertainment

As much as I hate to agree with the Catholic Clips which is a serious mockery of Living Water tracts, I would agree with them (in part) that some churches have called themselves Protestants, Baptists or Evangelicals are entertaining people instead of winning them.  I am not surprised that Easy Baptists are indeed falling away from the real mission of winning people to Christ, instead they are providing entertainment for a group of goats.

Satan really knows how people just want their ears to be tickled and I am afraid that he has worked double time to feed the stupidity of the people.  I am afraid that instead of shepherds who feed the sheep, we have clowns who feed the goats.  Worse, I find myself stuck in between so many heretics whether it would be the legions of Roman Catholicism or the anti-Catholic cults, the Jesuits, the anti-Catholic Antinomian and the anti-Catholic Arminian who oppose each other while walking the broad way to destruction.  Both the anti-Catholic Antinomian and the anti-Catholic Arminian are quick to call me a "Jesuit" out of their own delusions, which makes me laugh them off saying, "Sirs, the Jesuits hate my guts as much as you do."

If I hate the self-righteousness of conditional security, I also hate the stupidity of Antinomiaism that teaches that a Christian may remain carnal and live like a devil for the rest of one's life, as if they never had an encounter with God.  As much as I thought myself an opponent of John Calvin's view of Lordship salvation, I found myself a friend to it when my doctrine was set.  I reject the idea that a man can be saved from sin and freed from the obligation of the Law.  Though I am saved forevermore, the evidence is walking in Christ at a daily basis that I cannot sin all I please because He is my Lord now and forevermore.