That's Why It's Called Grace

The quote above says, "When you run alone, it's called a race and when God runs with you, it's called grace."  I am thinking did the word grace actually mean, "God runs with you in the race."  Grace is something you do not work for nor do you deserve it, it is not you but God that works in you and that is grace.  Nobody gets saved and God says, "You are saved and I leave you alone.  You work alone." because the Christian life has never been about getting saved then you must conquer your sinful habits yourself.

Even the Christian's change in life from being a vile sinner to a redeemed saint has never been an issue of them doing it themselves.  The Bible says in Philippians 2:12-13 to work out and not work on your salvation and it is God that works in you and not you yourself.  1 Corinthians 15:10 has the Apostle Paul declaring that his changed life was by the grace of God and not himself.  Titus 2:11-14 shows how God's unmerited grace is what leads to a changed life.  If a person is saved by grace then they are saved from sin by grace.  Even the change in the Christian life is by the grace of God which gives them the desire to do good and please God.

Where is my confidence that I have power against sin and the ability to endure to the end?  Certainly not in me but in Christ.  Philippians 4:13 says that I can do things in Christ who strengthens me and not I can do all things by me.  I have no other trust but in Christ the Solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand.