Remember these words by Jesus Himself:
If the world hate you, ye know that it hated Me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
Becoming a Christian means you're at odds with the world. I remembered reading "Hard to Believe" by John F. MacArthur and he mentions that you can't be faithful with God and popular with the world at the same time so take your pick. The problem is that many people today are just like the rich young ruler. Many people refuse to receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior because of their love for the world. How many people today put money first over Jesus? A lot. How many people today put Jesus in front of their finances? So very few.
Becoming a Christian means to be at odds with the world since the fall of man. Remember that Cain killed Abel because one was unrighteous and the other was righteous. Remember that Noah spent 120 years straight of being ridiculed by the world for building the ark. The prophets were in no better condition either. False prophets are popular but prophets of God get stoned and killed. Just reading Jeremiah's life makes me upset because it reminds me that the situation today is just getting worse. Jesus was soon rejected by the majority of the world and has still been rejected. He allowed Himself to be rejected so the mission of the Father can be fulfilled but what do people do? They still continue to reject Jesus to save them and change their lives.
It's no surprise how the term "born again Christian" has also been distorted by some Roman Catholics as well as other enemies of true Christianity. They have called born again Christians with whatever names that they can think of like "burn again" or BACterians. They will give whatever accusations they could such as teaching a license to sin or giving a lot of false accusations. I've experienced a lot of false accusations that I've been accused of when when it isn't true. It's frustrating but I must endure it and rejoice over it.
Here's the comforting truth that Jesus also assured for those who are persecuted for the wrong reasons:
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
Like it or not, it's blessing through sufferings. God allows persecutions as part of the cleansing process. There's no sanctification without wrongful persecution. There's no cleaning out the dross without extreme heat. Gold can't be pure gold without the purification process. Likewise, God uses persecution not only to weed out false converts but to also prune the branches. Christians aren't sinless and God uses persecution to punish them to confess any unconfessed sin to Him. He wouldn't want His children to be laying in ease because it's bad for their spiritual well-being.
This is all what the Christian has to say about their life:
2 Corinthians 4:8-10
We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
It's very tempting to take revenge on such people but here's what the Bible says Christians should do as instructed by the Apostle Paul:
Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is Mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
One thing's certain: we've got payday someday. To think that the Lord should avenge every single injury is but petty idiocy. Just think of these words by Arthur W. Pink on God's Long Suffering for sinners:
God's Long Suffering
How wondrous is God's patience with the world today. On every side people are sinning with a high hand. The Divine law is trampled under foot and God Himself openly despised. It is truly amazing that He does not instantly strike dead those who so brazenly defy Him.
Why does He not suddenly cut off the haughty infidel and blatant blasphemer, as He did Ananias and Sapphira? (Acts 5:1-10).
Why does He not cause the earth to open its mouth and devour the persecutors of His people, so that, like Dathan and Abiram, they shall go down alive into the Pit? (Numbers 16:1-35).
And what of apostate Christendom, where every possible form of sin is now tolerated and practiced under cover of the Holy Name of Christ?
Why does not the righteous wrath of Heaven make an end of such abominations? Only one answer is possible: because God bears with "much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction." (Romans 9:22).
God bears long with the wicked notwithstanding the multitude of their sins, and shall we desire to be revenged because of a single injury?
God has every right to extend His patience on the wicked. He was patient with the Christians before they got saved so why should they think that they should be avenged immediately? Even if worldly people think that becoming a born again Christian is a sin but there's still the call to love them, pray for them, bless them when they curse and to do good to them when they do evil.
- Accepting Persecution is Part of Christian Life
- Arthur Pink on David's Flight
- Be More Christlike, Be Ready For More Persecution!
- Beware of Being "Politically Correct" Over Being Scripturally Correct
- Christianity Has NEVER Been About Having Your Best Life Now!
- Christianity Is Not About Being Happy, Happy, Happy but Being Holy, Holy, Holy
- Dear Christian, It's Foolish to Expect Yourself to Be Treated Better Than Jesus Christ!
- Don't Let Politically Correct Anti-Christian Governments Take Your Bibles and Self-Defense Weapons From You!
- Eight Logical Fallacies Commonly Used By Politically Correct People
- It's Hypocritical How Unsaved People Condemn Christians for Their Slightest Mistakes While Condoning the Sins of Their Own Over a Million Times!
- Just Say No to Political Correctness!
- Loving People Enough to Tell Them the Whole Truth!
- Paul Washer's Quote to Slam the Prosperity Gospel
- Political Correctness Won't Make Sin Smell Any Sweeter to a Holy, Righteous God!
- Preach the Gospel Seriously and Expect to Be at War with the Whole World!
- Some Encouragement to Born Again Christians Out There!
- The Hypocrisy of the Complete Tolerance Movement
- When Fighting Against Sin and Heresy, Don't Expect to Come Out Unscathed!
- Why Does God Forbid Humans to Enact Vengeance for Offenses Done Against Them?
- Wrongfully Criminalizing Christianity!
- You Can't Expect Christianity Without Enemy Attacks!