Jesus Christ is God Defended

As said there are three Persons in One God and Jesus Christ is God the Son. To defend the stand that Jesus is God, here are the attributes that God the Father has that is attributed to God the Son:

Note: We will not be putting all the verses to avoid cramming in this entry. Just go to bible.cc to find parallel verses. All taken from the Authorized Version of 1611.

I. The Creator

God the Father is the Creator
  • Isaiah 40:28- "Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? [there is] no searching of his understanding."
Jesus Christ is the Creator
  • John 1:3- "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

II. First and the last

God the Father is the First and the Last
  • Isaiah 41:4- "Who hath wrought and done it calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD the first and with the last, I Am He."
Jesus Christ is the First and the Last
  • Revelation 1:8- "I am the Alpha and the Omega the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord which is and was and which is to come the Almighty."

III. The Great I Am

God the Father is the Great I Am
  • Exodus 3:14- "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM. and He said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel I AM hat sent me unto you."
Jesus Christ is the Great I Am
  • John 8:24- "I said therefore unto you that ye shall die in your sins if ye believe that I Am He ye shall die in your sins." (Refer also to Isaiah 41:4)

IV. Judge

God the Father is the Judge
  • Genesis 18:25- "That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?"
Jesus Christ is the Judge
  • 2 Timothy 4:1- "I charge thee therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ who shall judge the quick and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom;"

V. King

God the Father is the King
  • Isaiah 44:6- "Thus saith the LORD the KING of Israel and His redeemer the LORD of hosts, I am the First and the Last and Ia m the the last; besides me there is no (other) God."
Jesus Christ is the King
  • Revelation 17:14- "These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him [are] called, and chosen, and faithful."

VI. Light

God the Father is the Light
  • Psalm 27:1- "The LORD is my Light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"
Jesus is the Light
  • John 8:12- "Then spake Jesus again unto them saying, I am the Light of the world: he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness but shall have the light of life."

VII. Rock

God the Father is the Rock
  • Deuteronomy 32:4- "He is the Rock, His work is perfect for all His ways are judgment a God of truth and without iniquity just and right is He."
Jesus Christ is the Rock
  • 1 Corinthians 10:4- "And did all drink the same spiritual drink for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them and that Rock was Christ." (Note: This verse is also in the Catholic Bible)

VIII. Savior

God the Father is the Savior
  • Isaiah 43:11- "I even I am the LORD and beside me there is no Savior."
Jesus Christ is the Savior
  • John 4:42- "And said unto the woman, Now we believe not because of thy saying for we have heard Him ourselves and know that this is indeed the Christ the Savior of the world."

IX. Shepherd

God the Father is the Shepherd
  • Psalm 23:1- "The LORD is my Shepherd I shall not want."
Jesus Christ is the Shepherd
  • John 10:14- "I am the Good Shepherd, and know My sheep and am known of mine."

Also, Jesus Christ shared two natures: both God and man. He is God the Son who became man (John 1:1-14). As God He could not die but as man He died physically but it was His choice (John 10:18). He was tempted as man but being God as man, He could not sin (2 Corinthians 5:21, Hebrews 4:5). So to count- Jesus Christ is God!