Appealing to Tradition to Avoid Jesus

Mark 7:8-9 says, "For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.  And He said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition."

Another obstacle in the soulwinning business is the appeal to tradition logical fallacy.  How is this done?  Well the certain person appeals to the practices of old especially the society like in the following situations.  Here are some examples with no name mentioned:
  1. A Jew replies, "What, there is no way I'll ever believe that Jesus is the Messiah.  Why?  Many of my ancestors rejected Him as such and plus, He violated the Jewish customs."
  2. A Chinese replies, "I am Chinese and I will stay hold to the customs of my ancestors especially in doing all the rites required of us.  Christianity violates our traditions by calling it wrong.  I love worshiping my gods in our folk religion.  As a Buddhist, even though Buddha was Indian, it has defined Chinese tradition." or he can also appeal to Taoism because it originated from China.
  3. An Indian replies, "Well Hinduism was what I grew up with.  It's the national religion of India.  If I'm not a Hindu, how will I blend in with my people?"
  4. A Filipino replies, "I love being Roman Catholic.  If I'm not one, I'm not a Filipino.  We love having fiestas and well, it's just part of being Filipino."
  5. A tribal heathen replies, "Well I grew up with tribal religion and no foreign religion will trample my life!"

By looking at the examples, it's clear that these people lay aside the commandment of God so they can keep their own tradition and continue practicing it, saying it's right even if it's wrong.  It usually happens because of the "norm blending" and all.  No wonder why Jesus said in John 15:18-19- "If the world hate you, ye know that it hated Me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you."