The Worn Out Christian Bible and the Strong Christian

When I look at this picture, it just reminds me of how I have a black King James Bible that has been underlined, highlighted and now it's falling apart.  I personally don't what to throw it away because it contains a lot of my old footnotes, or two, I plan to have it rebound sooner or later.  It just made me think of how reading the Bible regularly, touched by my sweat and highlighting it has caused it to overtime meet its inevitable deterioration as it contains God's infallible Word which He lovingly allowed to be printed on fallible paper and materials.

So what's so precious about my old black King James Bible?  It has all the highlights and pen markings that I really need.  I always thought it's a shame for me to just easily dispose of that Bible that if a Catholic monk would treat an old copy of the catechism from Rome with so much value, why couldn't I treat my worn out Bible with so much respect?  It made me think that while I am usually reading the Bible via a mobile phone or I have a soft copy of Matthew Henry's Commentary, the Geneva Study Bible and the like but I still don't want to get rid of my old black King James Bible because it has the necessary study notes that makes it much easier to read.

I cannot help but wonder on how the Bible of the Reformers had worn out considering that they lived in an age of low technology.  I cannot deny how I read of Martin Luther having translated the Bible from Latin to German must have had a huge toll not only on the man but also on his Latin Bible.  John Calvin would be making his marginal notes on what would be reproduced in the Geneva Study Bible.  I would assume that the prince of preachers, Charles Haddon Spurgeon must have had made so many marginal notes in his Bible.  These Reformers spent so much time studying the Bible that it made me think that while their Bibles may have fallen apart from too much reading; they also had a strong foundation with Biblical knowledge.