Three Steps of Christian Happiness: Own a Bible, Read It, Apply It!

The Christian starts a new life by the grace of God. Jesus is not an addition but a restart for everyone's life. Christians are required to own a copy of the Bible and I really suggest taking the King James Bible because it is the complete and most accurate translation, no missing verses and it gives you a non-diluted message. It is translated by the best Calvinist scholars in England and would be the best Reformed translation one will ever need.

Joshua 1:7-8 has the LORD commanding Joshua saying,"Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the Law, which Moses My servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper withersoever thou goest. This Book of the Law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success."

The sufficiency of the Bible is in 1 Timothy 3:16-17 saying,"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." Examining the evidence is not just defending the Bible with the Bible. It involves finding out the facts and figures of the Bible to why it is the reliable Word of God. Knowing history and prophecy is part of knowing the inerrant nature of the Scriptures as the very standard for doctrine, reproof, correction, righteous instruction so the man of God would mature as the days go by.

It is not enough to own a Bible. Read it. It is not enough to read the Bible. Study it. It is not enough to study the Bible. Obey its rules and make it the rule of practice. To close, I remembered Ray Comfort's words when he said, "Do you do that?Do you read your Bible every day, without fail?I have, for nearly 40 years...and there’s been a simple key that has helped me to do that. Discipline. I open my Bible daily, no matter how I feel. I do itbecause I love God. I do it because I need to feed on the Word of God.I do it because I want to prosper when it comes to reaching the unsaved."

With the Bible in hand, it keeps the Christian happy in spite of worldly rejection. Sin gives one pleasure but it does not give genuine happiness. Even when the Christian is suffering in persecution, the Bible provides comfort with the promises such as promising great rewards in the Kingdom of Heaven after persecution. It is the Bible that provides them answers and additional lessons in order to keep growing in their Christian life.

See also: