Message from Pastor Paul Washer: Christians Don't Expect Instant Maturity

I remembered when I was newly converted from Roman Catholicism and became a true Christian I really thought I could live sinless but all I figured out is that Christians will only sin less, that is they may stumble but they will NEVER live like the rest of the world. As much as I didn't believe that salvation was a free gift that granted a license to sin, however I had some issues with my sin life, unforgiveness, etc. 

Then I had my thoughts on what the Apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 3:1-3 telling them he could yet to speak to them as spiritual but as carnal, not because they were indefinite in carnality or were living like the rest of the world... but because they still had a long way to go. I just decided to present this wonderful video from Pastor Paul Washer to those who are still newly saved, who still are fretting that they fall into sin because they don't revel in it. Christians will stumble in the faith but NEVER completely fall away (1 John 2:19). 

So what does God do? Hebrews 12:5-6 tells us that in order for Christians to mature, He chastises them. In John 15, Jesus talks about the fact that the Christians are branches, they bear fruit and for God to make them bear more fruit He trims the branches. He may use trials on the Christians to let them grow and also to cure every doubt that they are saved. I believe God won't allow instant maturity so Christians will enjoy the fruits of their labor with Him fully. God bless!