Why I No Longer Spend My Time Updating and Attacking Heretical Websites and Blogs

It's a big mistake a Christian ministry can consider is to keep updating on heretical websites and blogs.  Certainly it does help to know what heresies are going on.  The focus is preaching the Gospel and attacking heresies.  In the past, I spent time updating and attacking one site after the other.  The only thing that did to me was to become incredibly stressed.  It had me learn the lesson the hard way that it's stressful and creates a vicious word war with such people.

What I realized is that by updating on heretical websites and blogs, I only got off from what was necessary of my higher calling.  As much as Christians are called to rebuke the workers of darkness but does not refuting a heresy refute the heretic?  The problem of updating and attacking enemy websites only makes one as nasty as these sites.  It means to be no better than they are who spend their time attacking people.  How does the habit of updating and attacking enemy websites and blogs deviate me from my higher calling as a Christian?  I am sent to preach the Gospel, not to debate with the lost sinner.  Updating and attacking is automatically starting a fire for a debate.  It can disrupt the process of producing good works.  What is worse, if I keep visiting their sites, I'm giving them all the traffic they want right?  Those sites are a total waste of time.  Most of them just teach the common heresy.  It's already common for them to keep taking the Scripture out of context.  Nothing is new with all the heresies going on.

Also, why should I care whatever is written about me right?  Such people are just craving for attention.  False accusations hurt and they irritate.  Being attacked, why should I care unless it's really life threatening and damaging?  So what if some stupid chauvinist calls me a homosexual or a homosexual calls me a chauvinist?  So what if a stupid Arminian pastor says I'm teaching a license to sin?  So what if some stupid conspiracy theorist says I'm a secret Jesuit or an Illuminati member when I'm not and some Google search engine will warn I'm supposedly a "secret Jesuit" when I'm not?  So what if a Catholic apologist calls me a lot of names and starts ridiculing me on his site?  All those petty accusations should mean nothing to me because these allegations are baseless and senseless laced with every kind of logical fallacy imaginable.  They are wasting their time in their bitterness and strife.  It's best for me to leave them be and leave them to the hands of God.

Engaging such people in combat is useless.  It makes one a fool.  Debating and arguing is definitely not part of the Christian calling.  2 Timothy 2:16 warns against engaging in useless debates with such people.  Debates will only intensify quarrels to no end.  Just watch how often more than not that debates end up with heated, senseless arguments.  Let those persecutors debate with other persecutors.  What is worse is that such incidents may lead to petty fights.  It may seem cowardly to avoid confrontation but remember, a lion may be bold but it does not always attack.  A lion is also prudent, it hides itself among the grass and waits for the prey to be vulnerable.  It does not foolishly attack without a plan.  The righteous are bold but they are also prudent, a prudent man hides himself before attacking.  

What can be learned is this.  The less time I spend with them, the easier it is for me to keep my eyes on Jesus.  Remember when Peter watched the waves and not Jesus?  He sank down the ocean.  Jesus said, "Ye of little faith."  Remember Peter watched the waves and did not focus on Jesus.  Likewise, Christians may even backslide horribly and lose testimony when all they do is watch the waves.  All I can say is, let those false accusers sharpen their quills, give unfair criticism and as said, insults don't need to hurt.  Let them insult all the want, it will backfire on them. All I can say is, I will only let them waste their time because they are not worth my time.