Easy Christianity and Their Unprofessional Style of Doing Apologetics

While my brother-in-Christ Gerry Soliman had written an article on the sad state of Roman Catholic apologetics I would also want to present my case against "Easy Christianity".  While I can embrace a non-Calvinist as a brother or sister in Christ if they show signs of being truly saved, on the other hand I would also present my case on non-Calvinists who I cannot consider as brothers and sisters in Christ because they really don't show signs of being truly saved.  If you are truly saved, you are not perfect but you have power over sin by God's grace (Titus 2:11-14).  True converts and false converts will always differentiate themselves.

I will talk about how these people argue and they don't sound any more logical than Catholic faith defenders or Arminian preachers.  I always thought about how they go against the cry of Reformed theology (which was NOT invented by the Refomers) on the Biblical truth we uphold, "Salvation is by faith alone but never by a faith that is alone."  For them, it's contradictory but let's take a look at the logical argument.  Let's talk about the seed of faith and compare it to a seed for planting.  Is the seed alone in its being?  Yes.  But is the seed alone in its essence?  No, the seed itself is not alone in its essence.  Try to split a seed and you see various parts such as the embryo, testa, hilum, cotyledon and micropyle.  The embryo itself is divided into the plumule, epicotyl, hypocotyl and radicle.  Likewise faith is never alone and when it's planted and God tends it with love and grace then it is bound to grow and bear fruit again by God's grace.

I have noticed also how Easy Christianity apologists are also just as unprofessional as most of their opponents.  Like many Roman Catholic apologists and conspiracy theorists, the Easy Christianity apologists are fond of hitting below the belt or accusing people based on their feeble assumptions or faulty sources.  Worse, they can play games on their opponents like appealing to force by saying stuff like, "If you don't believe me or go against me, you are automatically a Jesuit agent of the Vatican." with a foundation built on quicksand mixed with a series of paranoia.  They are nothing more than a group of clowns who aren't worth paying attention to.

What is important for me is I don't mind their unfounded accusations based on faulty evidence and hearsay.  They can go ahead and say anything they want against me.  Honestly, most of their "evidence" is self-made, some of them even know the truth and they just twist the truth.  Most of the time, these "Easy Christians" just want to have salvation without sanctification.  They are closet Antinomians that are slowly coming out of their closets and to the world.  What is important is that Scriptural truth must always be upheld no matter what.

See also: