The Sad Truth That Hell Will Be Filled with People Committed to Doing Basic Christian Values!

When I think of this quote by Albert Mohler above, I cannot help but agree with it all the more because it's Biblical.  Take a look at morally good non-Christians when they are confronted with the issue of salvation, they tend to say, "Well I'm sure if I am good enough and I just practice Christian values, I am not in trouble."  When a non-Christian dies and has lived a morally good life, people tend to say, "Well the person in now in Heaven." like when I heard of Mother Theresa's funeral or when I hear Roman Catholics were glad that John Paul II was finally declared a saint by Pope Francis for his good deeds.

Such a view is just as stupid as Antinomianism.  If Antinomians love the obvious sins, the morally good unbeliever loves the sin of self-righteousness.  He or she may not be directly judgmental but they love to think that by doing good, they can definitely pay for their salvation unaware that in Romans 3:10-23, the declaration is that all people are guilty before God.  When you think of James 2:10-11, we are all declared sinners even when only one of God's rules is broken.  God's standard is spoken in Romans 3:19 that we are all guilty before God and that no amount of our own righteousness is going to pay for it.  The only way to pay for sin your way is to burn in Hell forever.

It's no wonder Matthew 7:21-23 warns that many will come and say "Lord, Lord.. did we not..." boasting of all their wonderful works.  They can claim all their good works but remember, Jesus said unto them, "I never knew you.  Depart from Me that work iniquity."  When I think about the harsh reality that people will try to justify themselves with their own personal merit, Jesus dismisses them as doers of iniquity.  Whether you like it or not, salvation has always been God's life-changing mercy and not His justice.  A changed life of a Christian is God's grace, not personal effort.

See also: