A Warning for Immature Christians From Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Before anybody says that I believe in sinless perfectionism, I don't. What I wanted to contrast was the true convert who's still immature and the false convert who has no conviction of sin. When a person is saved by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, they are saved but it doesn't mean that they are already 100% saved from sin. They got saved, they're being saved as of present and in the end, they will be saved. The wonderful truth and the glorious Gospel is the perseverance of the saints but sad to say, some are pretty inconsistent with their persevering as of the moment making Christians have less reward. Christians are bound to have reward but not everyone will receive an equal amount depending on how good they were in doing their work for God.

It reminded me of my I stumbled on the Christian life. I remembered that I would read the Bible but not so often, I would reject the ways of the world, read other Christian materials, but when a Christian is inconsistent with meditating upon God's Word, they can expect a spanking from their loving Heavenly Father. It's a problem that you get saved but at times, to rely on one's arm of flesh to stop bad habits. When I thought I could just overcome it myself, I was so dead wrong and that I should only rely on the grace of God by reading the Bible and meditating more thoughtfully on it.

But sad to say, it's a problem some Christians can read the Bible but backsliding can be expected that while I don't expect them to live like devils, they can still make others question their faith. For example, a Christian man may soon be moody or arrogant, they can end up having childish attitudes towards unsaved sinners ignoring they weren't so easy to witness either. The solution to Christian growth is only found in Joshua 1:8 saying that the success in Christian life is dependent upon meditating the very Book of the Law.

Ray Comfort of Living Waters has this to say as a closing thought for meditating on God's Word, "Do you do that? Do you read your Bible every day, without fail?I have, for nearly 40 years...and there’s been a simple key that has helped me to do that. Discipline. I open my Bible daily, no matter how I feel. I do itbecause I love God. I do it because I need to feed on the Word of God. I do it because I want to prosper when it comes to reaching the unsaved."