I remembered the time that John F. MacArthur was faced a question on Larry King about which sin is greater between a cheating heterosexual couple and a faithful homosexual couple. He said, "Both are just as sinful." I would dare agree with that considering that homosexuality and adultery are both against God's Law. In the Old Testament, both were considered criminal offenses that warranted somebody to be stoned to death. In 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 we read that fornicators, adulterers and homosexuals are among the different lifestyles of being unsaved and unregenerate that's why I refuse to buy the idea that there's such a thing a Christian who is habitually sexually immoral.
I've heard some homosexuals say something like, "Well we homosexuals are faithful to our partners. A lot of heterosexual people are unfaithful to their partners." But the more I look at the sin of homosexuality, the more I see that some of them even cheat on their partners. If any heterosexual relationship not in the boundary of God's Law is wrong, homosexuality is just as wrong. It is very much against nature but the rebellious nature of fallen humanity wants them to oppose God which in turn, makes them oppose the laws of science.
Now for some statistics on homosexuality taken from Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry (CARM):
- 28% of homosexual men had more than 1000 partners: "Bell and Weinberg reported evidence of widespread sexual compulsion among homosexual men. 83% of the homosexual men surveyed estimated they had had sex with 50 or more partners in their lifetime, 43% estimated they had sex with 500 or more partners; 28% with 1,000 or more partners. Bell and Weinberg p 308." (exodusglobalalliance.org/ishomosexualityhealthyp60.php)
- 79% of homosexual men say over half of sex partners are strangers: "The survey showed 79% of the respondents saying that over half of their sexual partners were strangers. Seventy percent said that over half of their sexual partners were people with whom they had sex only once. Bell and Weinberg pp.308-309." (exodusglobalalliance.org/ishomosexualityhealthyp60.php)
- Modal range for homosexual sex partners 101-500: "In their study of the sexual profiles of 2,583 older homosexuals published in Journal of Sex Research, Paul Van de Ven et al. found that "the modal range for number of sexual partners ever [of homosexuals] was 101–500." In addition, 10.2 percent to 15.7 percent had between 501 and 1000 partners. A further 10.2 percent to 15.7 percent reported having had more than 1000 lifetime sexual partners. Paul Van de Ven et al., "A Comparative Demographic and Sexual Profile of Older Homosexually Active Men," Journal of Sex Research 34 (1997): 354." (exodusglobalalliance.org/ishomosexualityhealthyp60.php)
- 1978 study, 78% of gay men had more than 100 partners, 28% more than 1000: "A far-ranging study of homosexual men published in 1978 revealed that 75 percent of self-identified, white, gay men admitted to having sex with more than 100 different males in their lifetime: 15 percent claimed 100-249 sex partners; 17 percent claimed 250-499; 15 percent claimed 500-999; and 28 percent claimed more than 1,000 lifetime male sex partners. By 1984, after the AIDS epidemic had taken hold, homosexual men were reportedly curtailing promiscuity, but not by much. Instead of more than 6 partners per month in 1982, the average non-monogamous respondent in San Francisco reported having about 4 partners per month in 1984." (catholiceducation.org/articles/homosexuality/ho0075.html)
- There is an extremely low rate of sexual fidelity among homosexual men as compared to married heterosexuals. Among married females 85% reported sexual fidelity. Among married men, 75.5% reported sexual fidelity. Among homosexual males in their current relationship, 4.5% reported sexual fidelity. (Sources: Laumann, The Social Organization of Sexuality, 216; McWhirter and Mattison, The Male Couple: How Relationships Develop (1984): 252-253; Wiederman, "Extramarital Sex," 170. This is extracted from http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=IS04C02)
Although there are varying secular (and one Roman Catholic source), but I dare not dismiss them because of the source or that would be genetic fallacy. Even if these are usually secular sources, they do reveal the truth about homosexuality and man's need to repent of such a sin.