It may not yet be April 1 or national atheist's month but, oh well, atheism is still creeping all year round and this blog might have topics related to more on atheism this April as well as Holy Week topics. Anyway it's time to present what's wrong with atheism. As Psalm 14:1 says, "The fool saith in his heart, There is no God..." and Proverbs 12:15 calls the fools to be wise in their own eyes. Since the atheist believes there is no God, he/she is a fool who is wise in his/her own eyes.
Here are some of the basic beliefs of atheism:
- There is no God or Devil or any supernatural beings
- The supernatural is but a fantasy for children
- Life is an accident
- Man is an evolved animal (note: not all evolutionists are atheists, Charles Darwin was NOT an atheist)
- Miracles cannot occur
- A materialistic view of life
- Ethics and morals are relative according to their point of view
So far, the atheist today would actually be using several atheist top leaders like Richard Dawkins as their cult leaders with their writings as Scripture. But even before the book "The God Delusion" was written, there were people who denied the existence of God, even before Jesus Christ came down from Heaven to Earth.
There are two types of arguments frequently used to defend atheism namely the lack of evidence and the use of the evils of this world to say God doesn't exist. So where do these go wrong?
- First and foremost, their so-called "lack of evidence" is based on the fallacy of "I don't see it therefore it's not there." which brings the challenge that a Christian would ask the skeptic if they can see the air we breathe or the molecules in everything. Science by the way deals with the invisible forces like the magnetic field, fusion and fission of atoms, sound waves and vibration too especially chemistry and physics. Even if they are not seen, they can be measured.
- Two, they say that suffering the world proves God does not exist is seriously flawed like the tsunami incident. Why? Well not ever since Adam and Eve sinned, suffering came into the world. Also, if God didn't exist, who's going to relieve people of their suffering and reward them? We've read how atheist bloggers say it was nothing more than manpower that got the accident done for instead of prayers. However, if there was no intervention from God, the rescuers would have never gotten there on time and sadly even with such evidence, they continue to harden their hearts like the Pharaoh of the Exodus. The argument used is is false dichotomy or restricting the alternatives to just a few when there are many.
The big question can be on their morality. According to several atheists, there is no good or evil and there's only pitiless indifference, however they throw their concern about human sacrifices and religious wars. If there was no good and no evil, then human sacrifices and religious wars should be alright because there is no standard to condemn them by. They also love to pick on the Bible that's why we examine what they call to be a fairy tale book and provide evidence for the faith.