It's indeed a cause to be outraged if anybody can say that repentance of sin equals salvation, that repentance doesn't save anyone and that you can be saved and still remain the same. It should be a ground to warn the person of the possibility of a false conversion. Such people who want Christ and their sinful pleasures, covetousness and immorality are misled by this deadly heresy. Except people repent they will all likewise perish.
Even in the announcement of Jesus' birth, Matthew 1:21 says that Jesus came to save people from their sins and not in their sins. It's a horrible heresy to each that Jesus saves people in their sins and not from their sins and that sinners may remain the same after conversion. Its' the doctrine of the perpetually carnal Christian today that has already sent a lot of people to Hell today. Many today just "pray a prayer" and they never understood the Gospel. While I have nothing against sinner's prayer evangelism because some people got saved in spite of it, it was because the pastor wasn't a wishy washy preacher who preached a washed up version of the Gospel.
In the Bible, every sinner saved is a repentant sinner. It's so easy to take Acts 16:31 out of context without knowing the whole story. The jailer there was a repentant sinner. He saw his sinfulness that he trembled in repentance. When he asked what must he to do be saved, he was at the state of seeing himself as only a sinner deserving eternal Hell. There's no way to accept the proud sinner as a true convert. Every Christian is the broken sinner saved to become righteous saints by the grace of God. Only false converts dare to imagine they have God's permission to sin. Nobody has God's permission to sin and anybody who says so is teaching a soul damning heresy.
- A Righteous Identity Brings Righteous Behavior
- Believing in Christ Is Not Just Superficial Belief
- Can A Truly Saved Christian Sin All They Please? NOT A CHANCE According to Scriptures!
- Debunking the Idea That Reformed Theology Makes Salvation "Complicated"
- Declare a Spiritual War Against the Heresy of Teaching the Possibility of a Fruitless Christianity!
- Do You Hate Sin More?
- "Easy Baptists" Are Insulting Old Fashioned Christianity!
- "Easy Christianity" Churches Are Also Leading People to Hell
- "Easy Christianity" Pulpits Are Not Christian Pulpits!
- "Easy Christianity" Seeks To Separate Itself From Sound Doctrine!
- If Your Church Goes Against God's Word: LEAVE!
- It's Impossible to be a Christian and Not Bear Even ONE Good Fruit for the Lord Jesus Christ
- Jesus Christ is the Lord of EVERY Christian
- Struggling with Sin
- The Call of Salvation Is Salvation FROM Sin, NOT Salvation to Sin!
- Why Do Christians Do Good Works Even If They're Not Saved By Good Works?
- You Cannot Be a Christian and Hate the Doctrine of Christian Sanctification