The Problem with Some Independent Fundamental Baptist Churches

Okay I'd like to say I am a fundamental Baptist and I am attending a local Baptist church, yes that's the name of this site. Some of the best godly preachers like Jonathan Edwards and Charles Haddon Spurgeon were Baptists. Those who opposed the Great Whore of Revelation before the rise of the Reformers were again... you guessed it; BAPTIST CHRISTIANS... who came before the Protestant Christians ever came to existence and I am proud of my Baptist heritage. However there has been quite a problem with some fundamental Baptists. Here has been a few problems that caused divisions in the body of Christ thanks to some Independent Fundamental Baptists:

1.) The Lordship controversy and misrepresenting the Lordship preachers.

It's pretty much something that I used to mistaken Baptist preachers like John Macarthur and Paul Washer (who I pray will revive the Southern Baptist Convention soon) to be works salvation preachers, legalistic or whatsoever until I began reading through John Macarthur's book "The Gospel According to Jesus" and reading through what Paul Washer believed. I spent TOO MUCH time with an IFB website that was already getting too personal with people and doesn't do research either. The reason has to be with the problem of some Independent Fundamental Baptists who are throwing in the accusation without really reading through everything. John Macarthur's interpretation's are then mistaken to be works salvation doctrines... without really reading much of them to really make a real statement. I had to also deal with how many times the words Lordship salvation has been misused by works salvationists to the point I have even misused the words as "lordship salvation" to be a synonym to works salvation. I began to read through John Macarthur's books as well as Robert Charles Sproul's books and Arthur Pink's books only to find these two believed in eternal security in contrast to the accusations of some IFBs.

Arthur Pink who is a Lordship theologian even wrote a book called "Eternal Securitity". What happens is that in here, a preacher like Paul Washer will unfortunately be lumped together with the heretical Arminians who believe Christians must do good works to maintain their salvation when Christians will do and flourish good works because salvation can't be lost. What happens also with some of these unions is that they have swallowed easy believism in some way ignoring the fact that salvation has its HARD PART (i.e. it's never easy to admit you're a sinner in need of salvation or it can cost you your life). Easy believism as I've done research on it is this believing a Christian can live like the rest of the world and still be saved. That is totally as bogus as conditional security. A Christian cannot live like the rest of the world because he or she is saved- that's the Gospel! Some of them are actually quasi-easy believists- while they could be "opposing" Lordship salvation, they preach Christ is Lord, they preach repentance of sin as necessary for salvation but they just simply are vulnerable to embracing false converts. I had my own fair share of misinformation from reading a website ran by an Independent Fundamental Baptist who I have now stopped reading his site due to him being quite misinformed. Instead of quarreling with him, it's best to pray for him.

2.) They really spend too much time debating.

I remembered a member of an Independent Fundamental Baptist Church once wrote on a Facebook group called "Opponents of Works Salvation" where he wrote, "The differences between free grace and Lordship salvation must be VIGOROUSLY DEBATED." I just had my thoughts that while it's totally NOT advisable for any Christian to debate any members of the Ang Dating Daan, Iglesia ni Manalo or the Catholic Faith Defenders (they're a waste of time) the sad fact is some Independent Fundamental Baptists have become debaters. Haven't they read the command to SHUN profane babbling because it increases to more ungodliness (1 Timothy 2:16)? Seriously if they are really strong Bible believers, they SHOULD adhere to that verse.

I can't imagine the mess that will hit in a debate between Independent Fundamental Baptists vs. the Roman Catholic faith defenders then insert the Ang Dating Daan and the Iglesia ni Cristo in one room- it'll be a nuclear explosion. Debate? No thanks I'd rather go evangelizing. You can call me a coward all you want, I will defend the faith yes, but NOT engage in useless quarrels with such bullies. Steven Anderson, YoungBaptist07, Red Beetle and Jacksmack77 (seriously he's very quarrelsome, just view his sermon entitled "Damn Corner", also this guy cuts out repentance from salvation) are among a few I prefer to stay away from. I am glad Paul Washer didn't accept the debate challenge from not-Evangelical Outreach's Damn Corner- a self-righteous Arminian preacher is somebody better off avoided after rebuking their false doctrine. I do appreciate they are against false doctrine and sinful practices, yes, but being belligerent should never be part of it. To be honest, I used to debate a lot but now, I prefer to be less belligerent as I could. It's no use arguing with foolish people or I make a fool out of myself as well.

3.) Enforcing King James only-ism down the throats in some of their groups.

I would admit I am a King James only believer compared to other preachers I listen to, however I really DO NOT approve of what some pastors are doing. It pained me to think that I used to listen to a strong KJV preacher only to realize that he was belligerent with pastors who weren't using the King James only. I really was pretty upset with how a favorite preacher of mine has been doing that ever since. It is NOT his problem if they refuse to use the King James Bible. I do believe the King James is the most accurate but I do not go around anymore arguing and shouting at people who refuse to use it. I don't trust modern versions like some of my favorite preachers do BUT I don't slam the KJV into the face of people if they don't want to accept KJV only-ism. In fact, how sure is Steven Anderson that pastors who preach from the NIV aren't saved? To be honest, I've seen the saturation team of Bible Baptist Church use Catholic Bibles to witness to Roman Catholics and there were genuine conversions! Or let's think of Pastor Armando Borja who's not very strong with KJV yet he still does get the job done. I don't like modern Bibles but I DO NOT cram the KJV down your throat if you refuse to use it. I can show you more good reasons to stick to the King James but I definitely WILL NOT force you to use it.

4.) Some of them are becoming social halls instead of true worship centers.

Sad but true. I was invited to join a Filipino-Chinese Baptist church but I wasn't happy to that kind of place. I could see their assembly was more of an assembly for rich people because the parking lots were filled with expensive cars like BMWs and highly priced vans. Then I asked who the members were- they were elite members of society. Then, instead of having a devotional, the members are actually spending time talking about the latest Apple gadgets or whatever trends there are. In the problem of becoming a social hall, false converts are coming in like crazy. Then I began to examine why people would prefer this Filipino-Chinese Baptist church over ours- it's because they "feel good". I also could remember how the mother of Pastor Ruben Lumagbas Jr. said she doubted that such people who fought with Bethany Christian School because they could not agree with the godly rules of the school were ever Christians as they claimed. Now how could any true Christian ever allow wantonness such as kissing in the hallways and public displays of affections be encouraged? Maybe I should also add that it's all because the pastor is most likely after the rich tithes and offerings of these members. Christians are obliged to give their love offerings BUT pastors should be ashamed if they are hoarding the money of their members for filthy lucre to the point they embraced Antinomian businessmen as true Christians when in fact how can such degenerate people ever say they were born again? Remember the Christian's religion is NOT money but God. Pastors end up consenting to the sins of the donors as long as they give money- now seriously offerings are important but should never b top reason why a pastor is a pastor. I really hate how this goes especially how soulwinning has even been put off the chart by some of them as well.

5.) Refusing to cooperate with other members in the Church.

These may be Baptist briders who would dismiss other fundamental Christians out of the body. Okay this blog is a fundamental Baptist blog but I also rely on other Christian groups such as the Presbyterians, Anabaptists, Mennonites and Evangelicals because their core values are the SAME with the stand of the acronym BAPTIST- Biblical authority, Autonomy of the local church, Priesthood of the believer, Two ordinances pastor and deacon, Individual accountability, Separation of church and state and Two sacraments (believer's baptism and Lord's supper) and if you add S in the end, SAVED CHURCH MEMBERSHIP. The problem can be evident like this. Our church wanted to cooperate in the soulwinning effort of another local Baptist church ran by a Filipino-Chinese pastor. What he did was instead of granting us permission to help them, he chose to challenge my brethren to a fistfight. He was told that by any means, they belonged to the same family in Christ but he refused. Then what happens next is that soulwinning gets cut off from the priority list. I am pretty disturbed also that some Anabaptists have become briders as well.

6.) Spending TOO MUCH time with conspiracy theories than fundamental Bible preaching.

I really would admit I was once stuck with conspiracy theories that much until I realized a lot of them are not to be trusted aside from being doctrinally crooked. I would surf for any important information about the Vatican without knowing some of these sites are just as fraudulent as the Vatican. I blindly supported a lot of these ministries UNTIL I began to examine their doctrine. One was ran by a self-righteous Pentecostal pastor who had a chaotic personality who assaulted everyone who refused to believe him and false accused them whenever he got angry, another was actually an extension of the accursed Westboro Baptist Church (probably he was the nephew of the pastor) or some were even Seventh Day Adventist churches. As said, I could care less every activity that the Vatican is doing- my priority with Roman Catholics is to SOUL WIN them not to tell them Hitler was such and such. They don't need to know the secret history of the Jesuits, all they need is to be exposed to the guilt of the Law, their inability to keep the Law than anything else!

Some Christians aren't even aware what they mean. That's why I don't endorse such Baptist parishes because I would rather read my Bible to discern things rather than rely on some fat IFB radio host who's a huge paranoid in the name of Alex Jones who's endorsing Steven Anderson who really is too much into conspiracy theories. Alex Jones for one is really one person I don't thank God for. The reason why is this- Alex Jones as an IFB is really stuck up with paranoia, conspiracy theories and in fact I don't know how many percent of garbage his show has to the point I completely dismiss Info Wars and David J. Stewart's website (which I used to read before until I found many unbiblical teachings which I wasn't aware of until I was pointed to them) as a whole. I may be confident that he is NOT a Jesuit coadjutor as some conspiracy theorists want us to believe BUT he spends TOO MUCH time keeping an eye on the Vatican and getting paranoid.