The Ang Dating Daan movement is by the Members Church of God International spearheaded by its pastor (and so-called "prophet") Eliseo Soriano. While claiming to be an expositor of the Scriptures with his "Itanong Mo Kay Soriano" or "Ask Soriano" In English, this religious group actually isn't Christian as some of the ignorant would want to believe. Though the group claims the Bible is their only authority (as some cults do) but the problem is that they believe only Eli Soriano may interpret the Scriptures. This is utter heresy! Not even a great man in the Scriptures, Charles Spurgeon ever made such a preposterous claim! This is no better than the "true church" movement by Darwin Fish which is exposed by Pastor Phil Johnson as a heretical movement. In fact, I'm not going to waste my time debating with ADD members, they are a total waste of my time as every other debate.
Unlike John F. Macarthur of Grace to You that actually encourages people to study the Scriptures, I doubt it Eli Soriano does so. In fact, his doctrine is all about only he can interpret the Scriptures and it is no different from the Catholic institution (which he criticizes as false) to have the interpretation of Scriptures left only to church authorities rather than encourage Bible study. While claiming to be an expository preacher, however he is full of bad hermeneutics or Scriptural interpretation. Just to show how faulty his interpretation with Scripture is, here's what he says about Galatians 5:4 which is utterly self-righteous and ridiculous at the same time with his dangerous somewhat Arminian doctrine:
"Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace."
This is the verse most misinterpreted by Baptists and (allegedly) Born Again preachers! They teach that obedience to the commandments is not necessary for salvation, followed by a blatant misconception that if you are of Christ whatever happens and whatever you may do, even to the extent of sinning grave sins, will not affect your salvation!
All these misinterpretations and misconceptions sum up to a satanic process of producing children of hell!
One as a Baptist Christian, I definitely DO NOT buy this garbage at all. While I'm aware some Southern Baptist unions or even some Independent Fundamental Baptist unions have started tolerating false conversions, however historic Bible preaching has not tolerated Antinomianism nor ecumenism. You might consider listening to this clip by Pastor Paul Washer who has been speaking against tolerance of false conversions. I know some people claim to be Baptists, got baptized there but in truth such people were false converts. Looking at Eli Soriano, he obviously has been teaching that too many times that people must keep the Law to be saved. That is utterly still works salvation. Conditional security is works salvation! In fact, they also misinterpret Ephesians 2:10 ignoring its context. As said, good works aren't the basis of salvation but the result of salvation. Any works done by the flesh to "do good" is never a "good work" but a "dead work". Hebrews 9:14 declares the necessity of the conscience to be purged by Christ's blood to be saved from dead works.
Despite his allegations that teaching salvation is by faith alone is utter heresy and leads to Antinomianism, however his ROTTEN FRUIT (Matthew 7:16-20) shows he isn't saved and that his faith isn't genuine:
- Eli Soriano is known for using defamatory language and being unruly (Titus 1:10-13) in his expositions which is one of his most rotten fruits. I've seen how the program itself is full of insulting and defaming which really proves he is not of God.
- Another unruly thing he does was also spitting at the floor even during worship sessions. In fact, that is just plain unacceptable behavior.
- At one point, he had also said homosexuality was okay misinterpreting 1 Corinthians 6:11 while misusing 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 to justify his heresy of works salvation.
- He rejects the notion that the Lord Jesus Christ is the only Savior of humanity even to the point of actually saying Christ needed a Savior. That is utter blasphemy.
- Also, he denies the deity of Christ at times whenever he declares Christ even sinned at one time. If he's such a great expositor as he says, has he even read 2 Corinthians 5:21 that Christ knew no sin and Hebrews 4:15 and interpret it properly? If Christ sinned, humanity is doomed.
Also I can observe that kind of rotten fruit among his followers. Many of them are arrogant, belligerent and are really actually living sinfully with their high degree of arrogance. As said, true faith cannot be separated from the good works it produces out of it. Because they rely on self than God's grace to teach them to do good works (Titus 2:11-14) one can see the ROTTEN FRUIT they produce. No wonder Ephesians 2:8-9 declares that salvation is not by works so no man could boast.