Marian Idolatry on the Airplane

To no end, I always hear Roman Catholics try to defend their use of images with all absurd arguments and I get a whole lot of unsubstantiated accusations.  What I might say is that if they are not guilty of idolatry, I wonder that this is taking Mary on a "plane ride".  Here the idol is placed on a passenger chair as if it was a living person and not an image made from ceramic.  I am really laughing so hard because that idol could have just been wrapped in paper, placed in a box and checked in but no, it had to get the benefits of sitting on a passenger seat instead.  Then you will have Roman Catholics who are most likely to reply with Marian phrases towards the image itself like "Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us."

If you are going to think about buying artwork, most people would just have them carefully checked in the airplane with every other item.  But as I mentioned earlier, the whole scene is really stupid because if they were just worshiping the one portrayed, why does the image of Mary have to take a "special seat" on the airplane?  One answer I hear is that the image of Mary here has "special powers" that if something bad should happen to the image, Mary will get mad and even if the say that they do not worship it, I am still not convinced because they do more than bow before it.  They already pray to the image of Mary and prayer is inseparable from worship.  This is absurd superstition that defeats God-given common sense.


See also: