The power against sin is not in one's self but it is still the grace of God given to the new convert. Salvation from sin has never been about one's own effort but instead; it is the grace of God that changes the life of the believer. Ephesians 2:8-10, Romans 3:31 and Titus 2:11-14 teach that God's grace equips the believer unto good works. Hebrews 9:14 says the blood of Jesus redeems people from their dead works to serve the true and the living God. Where there is God's grace there is power against sin. That is the comfort that every newborn believer can take as they grow in grace. The fact that Christians struggle against sin is a healthy sign. It is when a professing Christian is enslaved by sin that shows signs one is a false convert.
The certainly of assurance that one is saved is not only one trusts the Lord Jesus looking at His finished work but also the results. One can see that aside from good works coming out all for the glory of God that there is the presence of chastising. Hebrews 12:5-7 says that if you are truly of God then you will get chastisement. A Christian is due for chastising whenever they fall down giving them assurance that they are saved and it results to them doing better. So if God chastises you, rejoice, because you are certainly going to get better by His grace.
- Antinomians and Apostates Have NO Eternal Security!
- Declare a Spiritual War Against the Heresy of Teaching the Possibility of a Fruitless Christianity!
- Dr. Harry Allen Ironside on "Eternal Security of the Believer"
- "Easy Baptists" Are Insulting Old Fashioned Christianity!
- "Easy Christianity" Is More Often Than Not, Antagonistic Towards Verse By Verse Preaching
- "Easy Christianity" Seeks To Separate Itself From Sound Doctrine!
- Eternal Security: Not Just Once Saved, Always Saved But Also It Means Enduring to the End by God's Grace!
- How Does Authentic Faith Differ From Superficial Faith?
- The Immature Christian Struggling in Sin vs. The False Convert Reveling in Sin
- The Teaching of Radical Grace is a Result of Bad Bible Teaching!