The idea of "love" and tolerance is not biblical love but a false kind of love. It is an evil kind of love like the love for money and power. Worse it is the kind of love that loves sin. It is an evil kind of love that does harm instead of good. The Bible does not call for tolerance of sin but an intolerance for it yet it invites people to repent of their sins. If you say that Christians hate people they don't. They took the risk to warn people about their sin out of love. Christians telling homosexuals that their homosexuality is wrong is out of love for these lost people. It is an act of hate to unfairly and indiscriminately beat sinners. But it is also an act of hate not to lovingly confront sinners about their lost state. To do so is not an act of love but an indirect act of hate towards lost sinners.
Jesus confronted evildoers for their sake. The Pharisees were confronted about their hypocrisy to show to them they're lost. Lost sinners were told of their sin so they will see their need of a Savior from sin. The prophets confronted the people out of love desiring to see them repent and be saved. The apostles continued the same mission. Unfortunately, Satan and his minions continue to blind people from the truth. Worse, such people enjoy their lost state and getting saved from their sinfulness and self-righteousness is such a dread. Such people may think their personal righteousness is enough even if some of them live very wicked lives. The battle of the Christian is that they must love people enough to tell them the truth.
- A Friendly Reminder: A Christian's Enemy is His or Her Mission Field!
- Arthur W. Pink on Bare Justice
- Christians Can Be So Full of Yesterday's Junk
- Crucifixion and Stoning Didn't Stop the Early Christians From Loving Their Enemies
- Dear Christian, Are You Making Too Much of a Fuzz Over Somebody's Act of Offending You?
- Does Forgiveness Mean Condoning Wrong Actions and Having Fellowship with Sinful Men?
- Explaining What Jesus Emphasized in Eye for Eye and Tooth for Tooth
- Loving Christ Enough to Loving People Enough Enough to Tell Them the Truth That They Are Lost!
- Part of Continuing the Reformation is Maintaining Peacefulness While Preaching the Truth!
- Part of Continuing the Reformation is Sorrow For the Lost!
- Reflecting on Charles Spurgeon on Preaching the Wrath of God the Wrong Way!
- Sin's Wages Aren't Always Paid Immediately
- The Call Not to Render Evil for Evil But to Overcome Evil with Good
- The Church Was NEVER Designed to Adjust to the Times!
- There's No Room For ANY Foul Language in Christianity!
- Why Does God Forbid Humans to Enact Vengeance for Offenses Done Against Them?