Dr. Ken Ham of Answers in Genesis made these beautiful illustrations to show what's wrong with the church today. Let's take a look at the two illustrations on how Christians engage their spiritual warfare.
- One member is asleep when he should be doing something.
- Another person is firing at the balloons because the person who's supposed to fire it is asleep on the job.
- Somebody is focused on deflecting cannon balls than hitting the source of the cannon balls.
- Somebody is treating the whole situation like a game.
By doing so, humanism is victorious whenever the local church is asleep. This is the problem to why Christians tend to fall down in battle at times:
And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before Me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.
In short, if you're not going to stand in the gap on behalf of the land then who will? It's the problem that sometimes, Christians can backslide or fall into a state of apathy. While that's happening the enemy is moving forward.
- The person who was asleep on the job is now firing the cannons on the balloons of man's word as he's supposed to do.
- The people are focused on firing on the foundations and not on the cannon balls that would come in. They know they must destroy the foundation so no more cannon balls can be fired.
- The first two fire their cannons at house of humanism and the other two at the foundation of humanism to sink it.
- You can only defeat humanism by firing God's truth to where it hurts the most. That's why the Church is not made of one person but many who have received Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
It's time to get serious because repentance must first start in the House of God. It must first start in the local church.