The Worldly Call Christians as Old-Fashioned All the While Christianity is Timeless

I remembered the time I was in a Baptist school, I got saved and I was soon bound for every insult the world could give to me. One of them was that I was old-fashioned because of my beliefs. I remembered one time that the school was called "old-fashioned" but why? While there are times I could criticize the school's refusal to make some adjustments (such as keeping typewriters or not getting a new textbook) but most of the criticism that happened could be summarized in the hymn called "The Old Fashioned Way".
1 They call me old-fashioned because I believe
That the Bible is God’s holy Word,
That Jesus, who lived among men long ago,
Is divine, and the Christ of God. 
Chorus; 
My sin was old-fashioned,
My guilt was old-fashioned,
God’s love was old-fashioned, I know;
And the way I was saved was the old-fashioned way,
Thro' the blood that makes whiter than snow. 
2 Old-fashioned, because I believe and accept
Only what has been spoken from heav’n;
Old-fashioned because at the cross I was saved,
At the cross had my sins forgiv’n. [Chorus]
3 Old-fashioned, because I am bound to do right,
To walk in the straight narrow way;
Because I have given my whole life to God,
Old-fashioned, because I pray. [Chorus] 
4 Old-fashioned, because I am looking above
To Jesus, my glorified Lord;
Because I believe He is coming again,
Fulfilling His holy Word. [Chorus]

The world has a very different way of thinking. I remembered how a militant atheist said that Christianity is mentally ill (by worldly standards) for the reasons as said in the song. He said that believing that the blood of Jesus saves and that He rose from the dead is believing in a zombie. He believes atheism would bring the world to unlimited human progress and that homosexuality is not a sin. The Gospel message is hard to believe especially when one believes that man is basically good or that the Bible is God's Word. The Gospel is very offensive to sinful man. It's hard to believe that salvation is by the grace of God and that Jesus is the only Way because that's not the world teaches. It's very contrary to worldly doctrine! Sin will always be called sin and the world doesn't want it especially that the world today selectively condemns sin rather than condemns all sin!

Jeremiah's time was a time when the call for an old-fashioned revival was rejected. The LORD called for the people to seek out the old paths but none walk them. Everyone had gotten too used to the new paths brought by paganism that the old paths of Christianity. The Christian faith is not meant to conform to the worldly standards but maintain its stand in terms of laws and morals! Although Christians are free to accept modernization but they are not free to accept modernistic theology. There's a difference between getting the latest technology for communication and accepting heretical doctrine. The Christian doctrine is timeless truth - which means that it never gets outdated nor perish overtime.

See also: