The wise preacher Charles H. Spurgeon once said, "You must go into the fire if you are to pull others out of it." Firemen don't pull others out of the fire by not exposing themselves to risk. Soulwinning doesn't mean staying in the comfort zones. Instead, it calls people to preach to people even if it means losing one's life. Radical Christianity doesn't kill others but it's willing to be killed just so others can hear the good news of Jesus Christ. That's what draws the line between true Christianity and false Christianity.
Many accounts have Christians getting burned alive for their faith. Some of the most infamous incidents involved the Roman emperors and the Roman Catholic institution. The account involved Christians burned alive for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Some of those notable who were burned alive for preaching the Gospel are Jan Hus, Girolamo Savonarola and William Tyndale just to name a few. Many Christian men and women were also burned at the stake for preaching the faith. They knew that one may be burned at the stake but they took that risk anyway just to get the Gospel to others.
Christians can only expect persecution and more persecution as they stand fast for the Gospel. There's no escaping from all these problems (John 15:18-19). They're also told to love their enemies and to pray for those who hate them (Matthew 5:43-48, Luke 27-25). It's hard to love one's enemies but one must go into the fire anyway. These fires go from simple hatred to persecution. These people who hate Christians need the Gospel. The real enemy isn't them but their unsaved state that's making them do what they do.
The question this Reformation is do you love your human enemies enough to go into the fire to give them the good news and even help them when they're in need? It's hard to do but as said Jesus calls Christians to love their enemies and to pray for their persecutors. This isn't about condoning their wrong but praying for their repentance.
- Be More Christlike, Be Ready For More Persecution!
- Bloodstained Bibles: A Legacy of Christian Martyrs
- Christianity Has NEVER Been About Having Your Best Life Now!
- Continue the Reformation, Expect Only Persecution!
- Continuing the Reformation Daily Also Means to Keep Preaching Against Those Sin-Loving False Converts!
- Part of Continuing the Reformation is Maintaining Peacefulness While Preaching the Truth!
- Crucifixion and Stoning Didn't Stop the Early Christians From Loving Their Enemies
- Dear Christian, It's Foolish to Expect Yourself to Be Treated Better Than Jesus Christ!
- God's Messengers Aren't Called to Make People Feel Good About Themselves
- Just Say No to Political Correctness!
- Loving People Enough to Tell Them the Whole Truth!
- Part of Continuing the Reformation is Sorrow For the Lost!
- Preach the Gospel Seriously and Expect to Be at War with the Whole World!
- Trouble Can Be a Blessing in Disguise
- You Can't Expect Christianity Without Enemy Attacks!