A Response to Roman Catholic Apologists Who Make Fun of Born Again Christians' Giving Practices

Based on my experience, as a former Roman Catholic who had become a born again Christian who is a non-denominational fundamental Baptist for giving their tithes and offerings, or their first fruits.  It's pretty stupid how some Roman Catholic faithful could think that Christians who give their money to the offering liberally (but please DO NOT give insensibly) or giving their 10% out of their free will and love for God are also calling the pastors as "money making hogs" while they cite examples like Billy Graham, Jim Bakker, Joel Osteen and Benny Hinn BUT what is not mentioned by them that many of the money making hogs they are mentioning actually are Jesuit coadjutors working for the Vatican or two, the Pope is indeed far wealthier than even the richest businessman in the world.  So far, here's the reality- I give my tithes, I give my offerings and I give my first fruits because I love the LORD and I do not want to be materialistic.  Of course while I need to be careful not to carelessly give away all my money, however I still need to give money for the work of the LORD.  Here are some facts to reveal:

1.) I donate money not to become a big shot, no I am donating my 10% of my net income to put God first.  I then give love offerings to further support the work of God.  Plus, if I know that a local assembly is not using the tithes and offerings to further God's cause, then I do not support such assemblies.  Here, I am giving money out of love for the LORD.  2 Corinthians 9:7 says that God loves a cheerful giver.  Also please note I do not give tithes in hopes I become a billionaire or to be spared from the miseries of life, no I give tithes to support God's work and because I love Him.  It keeps me aware that I don't own my money, it's God's.

2.) I do not give money to the Church in hopes of gaining forgiveness, purchasing indulgences and the like.  The Roman Catholic institution however had gotten its money based income from the following activities that is trying to use God's name for money, otherwise it is simony or using God's name in vain to gain a buck.  In the Roman Catholic institution, you have to PAY for everything.  Here are some examples:
  • Your child gets an unscriptural infant baptism... PARENTS NEED TO PAY.
  • Your child must get confirmation... PARENTS NEED TO PAY.
  • Your child gets first communion... PARENTS NEED TO PAY.
  • You go to the confessional... THE MORE DONATIONS, THE BETTER CHANCES OF PENANCE.  In that case, the poor are so exempt then from more blessings?
  • You need the sick to get anointed... YOU STILL PAY.
  • You need exorcism... YOU STILL PAY.
  • Your loved one dies... THEY STILL KEEP PAYING AND PAYING FOR MASSES THAT JUST WILL NEVER HELP THE SOUL OF THE DECEASED.  Hebrews 9:27 is clear that once a person dies, they are passed unto judgment.  The fires of Hell will not cool one bit and every unsaved person has only one alternative- it is HELL.

In fact, Martin Luther was angered at the sales of indulgences not just because of the abuses involved but also in the doctrine itself.  The Roman Catholic institution has made the heretical doctrine that forgiveness is for sale in the form of indulgences.  They try to justify the payments in the name of "salary keeping" as if the tithes and offerings aren't enough.  In fact, try reading "The Vatican Billions" by Avro Manhattan which is one of the many books that the Roman Catholic apologists are trying to debunk or has claimed has been dropped like a hot potato because the truth in it is very, very disturbing.  Roman Catholics NEED to know the truth before it's too late.