It's stupid to say you have a love for Jesus so they attend one Mass or worship service after the other. But start inviting them for an expository Bible study and they'll go dizzy. Such people may not immediately admit they hate reading the Bible or they even hate reading the Bible. The reason why people are so afraid to read the Bible for themselves (and rely on some "infallible interpreter" or self-appointed "prophet") is because of their sinfulness. Martin Luther called the Law as the hammer that shatters our self-righteousness, the mirror that reveals our sin and the whip that drives us to the cross. Galatians 3:24 shows that the Law is the schoolmaster that shows us our sin. Romans 3:19 shows that God's Law reveals us our guilt. Such a thought is frightening for the self-righteous sinner or for the person who loves their sin. Worse, many who love their sins think nothing is wrong with them!
If you really love Jesus you will love His Law. True salvation changes the heart of the person. It's impossible to get saved and still remain indifferent. Ezekiel 11:18-20 and 36:25-27 reveals that this hardened heart will be given a heart that will walk in God's statutes and do God's judgments. Romans 7:22 has Paul calling the Law of God as his delight after the inward man. If the person insists to be saved but hates the Scriptures then that person's conversion is false.
- Be Thankful That You Have a Bible!
- How Often Do You Study the Bible?
- It's Not Enough to Just "Read the Bible", You Must Study It!
- Satan Loves It When People Are Ignorant of God's Word!
- Sola Parochus or Sola Scriptura?
- The Bible is Complete, Case Closed!
- The Bible is Daily Bread, Not Cake For Special Occasions!
- The Importance of Reaching Out the Youth with the Word of God
- The Worn Out Christian Bible and the Strong Christian
- Theology Separated From Christ is Deadly
- Three Steps of Christian Happiness: Own a Bible, Read It, Apply It!
- You Can't Understand the New Testament Without the Old Testament!