It's absurd that some Catholic Faith Defenders have gone as far as to compare Islam with born again Christianity. Some Roman Catholic sites have gone as far as to call Islam as a form of Protestantism. That alone is pretty much absurd.
To claim Islam is a form of Protestantism shoots itself at the foot. To say that Islam is a form of Protestantism is a chronological error. This should be a problem. Martin Luther could have not met Muhammad considering the incredible time jump between them. Muhammad came centuries before Luther. If Luther founder Protestantism then how can Islam be a a Protestant denomination?
What these people are ignoring is the huge difference between born again Christianity and Islam. Showing the differences would show how comparing the doctrine on both sides to actually show the stupidity of the argument. Here are the big differences and where hypocrisies are exposed because these can't be reconciled to each other:
- Born again Christians believe in the Trinity and they believe Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God. Muslims reject that teaching saying Jesus is just a man and a prophet.
- Born again Christians respect the Bible as their final authority in matters of faith and tradition. Muslims condemn the Bible as something that has been corrupt and should not be read. Both the Bible and the Koran are not even the same. This also sets Christians apart from so-called "Protestant" groups which claim that they are there to restore the true Church after centuries of apostasy but teach many weird doctrines not found in the Bible. If you stick by Sola Scriptura then you stick to what the Bible says and church authorities govern by what the Bible says.
- Born again Christians believe in loving one's enemies and spreading the faith in love. Islam teaches that you must seek out your enemies relentlessly forcing them to convert or die. Should I mention that the Roman Catholic's use of the Crusades and the Inquisition was anything but loving their enemies? Many of the Vatican's atrocities involve forcing people to convert to Roman Catholicism. Many Protestant Christians and non-Protestant Christians were all martyred for simply opposing the lies of the Vatican.
- Born again Christians believe in salvation by grace through faith and that good works come after salvation, not before. Islam is a works-oriented religion. Both Islam and Roman Catholicism require people to do good works rather than teach that a changed life is a result of salvation.
Should we mention that while Roman Catholicism and Islam have different believes like Roman Catholics believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and in the Trinity (and Islam doesn't) but both have some things in common:
- Both religions have a history of using force to spread their religion. It's always been a religion of convert or die. The Roman Catholic institution has its history of the Crusades and the Inquisition which forced people to convert or die. Islam has its Islamic conquests which forced its captives to convert to Islam or die.
- Both religions have a long history of acquiring ill-gotten wealth either through direct force, extortion or through subtle means. The conquests done by both religion was a struggle of wealth and not just religion. The Crusades' battle with Islam was not a quest to liberate Jerusalem but a battle of who gets to take over and extort the people. Also, both religions tend to favor generous donations from rotten crooks as long as it keeps them going. Should I mention that a lot of crooked pastors who extort money are also allied with the Vatican?
- Both religions have a lot of sex scandals involving their religious leaders. We have Roman Catholic priests who are involved in fornication, adultery and pedophilia yet the continue to serve masses. You have imams with who have one wife and several mistresses who they register as wives (polygamy) who also have a history of pedophilia.
- Both religions have born again Christians as their common enemies. Read the history both religions. The Dark Ages involved a lot of atrocities to born again Christians done by both Roman Catholic and Islamic theocracies. They have both established countries where state religion was encouraged. Not being a Roman Catholic in a Roman Catholic theocracy is a crime. Not being a Muslim in a Muslim theocracy is a crime.
- Hating Islam While Loving Roman Catholicism Makes No Sense!
- How Christians and Muslims Treat Their Enemies Make Both Religions Irreconcilable
- Preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ and Loving One's Enemies to Counter Islamic Infiltration
- Reminder: Muslim Terrorist Attacks Should Not Discourage Christians From Preaching!
- September 11 Nothing to Do With Islam? Don't You Believe It!
- Sorry Pope Francis is Wrong About the Bible and the Koran!
- The Koran Actually Condones Islamic Religious Wars
- There's No Need for Christians to Fear I.S.I.S. Because They Have Jesus Christ!
- Why Jesus is Better than Muhammad