When a person is saved, there's going to be a change. Before salvation, these men were brought before a holy and righteous God. They realize that they're miserable, lost sinners and they're fed up with sin but they can't save themselves. They see they're unholy and God is holy. They see they're unrighteous and God is righteous. They see they deserve nothing but Hell. They see that they are people who really God's imputed righteousness and holiness. When they're saved the very character of holiness and righteousness is imputed to the believer which works itself out.
Philippians 2:12-13 addresses the issue of working out your salvation and not working on it plus it's God that works in the Christian. When there's the saved life then there's bound to be good works as a result of salvation. 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 shows the very change from unrighteousness to righteousness. 1 Corinthians 6:11 when misquoted by the followers of "Easy Christianity" are just chewing themselves. Do they even forget the word "sanctified" meaning "set apart"? How can a person who's sanctified in the Holy Spirit still remain as is? Ephesians 2:8-10 and Titus 2:11-14 shows that if you're saved then there's bound to be change. The Christian may not be perfect, may have some compromises as even some good kings made horrible mistakes but never can they live like the rest of the world.
There is the confidence Christians can have in their future in Christ and their lives. Philippians 1:6 gives the precious guarantee that Christians have begun a good work in Christ are destined to finish it. As the parable of the sower goes that the good soil hearers (those who have already been conditioned to receive the seed of the Word of God) produce varying degrees of good fruit but they never are perpetually barren. If a person says, "I have been imputed with Christ's righteousness." but also says, "Now I can sin all I want.", then that person gives out evidence of being a false convert.
- Can A Truly Saved Christian Sin All They Please? NOT A CHANCE According to Scriptures!
- Debunking the Idea That Reformed Theology Makes Salvation "Complicated"
- Declare a Spiritual War Against the Heresy of Teaching the Possibility of a Fruitless Christianity!
- "Easy Baptists" Are Insulting Old Fashioned Christianity!
- "Easy Christianity" Churches Are Also Leading People to Hell
- "Easy Christianity" Seeks To Separate Itself From Sound Doctrine!
- It's Impossible to be a Christian and Not Bear Even ONE Good Fruit for the Lord Jesus Christ
- Jesus Christ is the Lord of EVERY Christian
- Struggling with Sin
- The Call of Salvation Is Salvation FROM Sin, NOT Salvation to Sin!
- Why Do Christians Do Good Works Even If They're Not Saved By Good Works?
- You Cannot Be a Christian and Hate the Doctrine of Christian Sanctification