My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
The true mark of salvation is obedience. Hebrews 5:9 says:
And being made perfect, He became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey Him;
If you noticed the tenses, it's plain and simple to understand that salvation is finished and accomplished. The present tense is those that obey Him. Do you obey to stay saved? No, you obey because you're already saved. It's stupid to think that anybody can get saved and remain perpetually disobedient. Besides, take note of this verse:
John 8:47 - He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
Did you read the words that were just highlighted in yellow? He that's of God hears God's words. Those unbelievers don't hear it because they are not of God. The characteristic between a saved and an unsaved people is also shown in obedience. Even if Christians may fall into periods of disobedience and carnality but they can't remain perpetually carnal. The answer is because Titus 2:11-14 shows God's grace teaches righteous living. Hebrews 13:5-7 lovingly warns Christians that God will chastise His own without hesitation.
- Can A Truly Saved Christian Sin All They Please? NOT A CHANCE According to Scriptures!
- Debunking the Idea That Reformed Theology Makes Salvation "Complicated"
- Declare a Spiritual War Against the Heresy of Teaching the Possibility of a Fruitless Christianity!
- "Easy Baptists" Are Insulting Old Fashioned Christianity!
- "Easy Christianity" Churches Are Also Leading People to Hell
- "Easy Christianity" Seeks To Separate Itself From Sound Doctrine!
- Examining The Greek Words For Carnal and Justify To Understand Scripture And Dispel Heresy!
- It's Impossible to be a Christian and Not Bear Even ONE Good Fruit for the Lord Jesus Christ
- Jesus Died For Sin Because Man is Not Basically Good
- Jesus Christ is the Lord of EVERY Christian
- Many People Will Die in Their Sins Because of Pride!
- Struggling with Sin
- The Call of Salvation Is Salvation FROM Sin, NOT Salvation to Sin!
- The Dangers of Preaching the Lie That Jesus Doesn't Save People From Their Sins
- Why Do Christians Do Good Works Even If They're Not Saved By Good Works?
- You Cannot Be a Christian and Hate the Doctrine of Christian Sanctification