A Poor Understanding of Hebrews 9:27 by Roman Catholics to "Justify" the Existence of Purgatory

I remembered telling a devoted Roman Catholic about the foolishness of Purgatory doctrine to which they sadly keep paying for masses that never end.  I just thought of this, "Hey Hebrews 9:27 doesn't say that there's no Purgatory."  He wanted to argue, I didn't argue.  I did my part.  So how poor was his understanding?  While he accuses me of taking it out of context.  Well I'm taking it INTO context.  Well the word "immediately" does not have to be there.  

For them to win their argument I just really gave my thought that the verse says, "For as it appointed unto man once to die but after this the Judgment."  Notice that there is no "middle place" but rather "after this" the judgment.  If they really believe that verse, consider the following:

1.) In every Novena for the dead, you have the statement, "We pray for the eternal repose of the soul of X." It's simply stupid really.  Listen, the rich man went to Hell and Lazarus went to Heaven directly.  Jesus never spoke of them being in waiting places.

2.) If they do believe in Hebrews 9:27's statement then why all the Masses that go on and go on.  Like how somebody has died for already even 17 years, 30 years, 65 years and as of late I've even heard of prayer requests for the eternal repose of somebody and it's been 92 years since the person died!  Sad to say, it does produce "easy money" for such a group of liars.  

I just sincerely hope for more Roman Catholics to also get saved as a result of this ministry.