It's no doubt Christians have periods of falling away but they don't fall away completely. Judas Iscariot fell away completely but Peter didn't. Christians can make stupid choices but the Holy Spirit drives them to inevitable repentance. David expressed his sorrow in Psalm 51 and Solomon when he wrote Ecclesiastes. Nobody can say that a person is still saved just because they prayed a prayer and if that person lives like a devil or falls away into unbelief, there are no ex-believers but these people are already false converts. Christians are not perfect but they can't live like the rest of the world. Don't believe for a second that a Christian can still be saved and remain barren. That's false teaching that Jude 1:4 addresses as turning the grace of God into lasciviousness.
If you're Once Saved, Always Saved then there's always this truth that you will definitely hold fast unto Jesus. The troubles of the world may shake you, you may stumble but you have Jesus to grant repentance, forgiveness, restoration and the grace to conquer sin in one's life. Salvation isn't just salvation for the sake of being saved and just being saved. Matthew 1:22 says that Jesus came to save people from their sins. The Christian is saved from the penalty of sin, is being saved from the power of sin and will be completely saved from sin on the day of glorification. Philippians 1:6 says that what God has started, He is bound to finish it. Eternal security is not just the comfort of being safe in the arms of Jesus but also inevitably results to bearing fruit such as holding fast until Jesus comes. Maybe it's time to say it as, "Once saved from sin, always saved from sin."
- Antinomianism is Heresy
- Antinomianism is One Gospel Which is Not Another
- Can A Truly Saved Christian Sin All They Please? NOT A CHANCE According to Scriptures!
- Cheap Grace Theology is Deadly
- "Easy Christianity" Churches Are Also Leading People to Hell
- For the Last Time, the Doctrine of Eternal Security Is Not About Sinning All You Want After Salvation
- If Your Gospel Is Celebrating Sin, Then It Is Not the Real Gospel of Jesus Christ at All
- No Truly Saved Pastor Ever Teaches Grace Is a License to Sin
- The Immature Christian Struggling in Sin vs. The False Convert Reveling in Sin