If certain angry heathens can get mad at drugs then it's stupid to claim you're a Christian but you think drug addiction isn't a problem. You can't say you're a Christian and think you can't be delivered from your sinfulness or have no change. If you're truly a Christian you will hate sin because God hates it. Addiction to narcotics and the existence of narcotics are among the worst disasters that happened ever since sin cursed the world. It's good to have a war against narcotics but it's meaningless if there's no preaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to people.
The purpose of having laws
1 Timothy 1:9-10
Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, for whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
Here's the problem that many overlook: the Law doesn't save you from your sin. The law's necessity is that it shows you what sin is. The Law was meant to show you your guilt. You can't come into saving knowledge without being exposed to the Law and what it has to say about how severe your sin is before a holy God.
Now we know that what things soever the Law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Wherefore the Law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
Drug laws can't save addicts from their addiction. While they're certainly necessary to keep society in order and protect people but it's useless. It shows drug addicts their sin but it can't deliver them from sin. Some people enter into rehabilitation then they return to drug addiction. While rehabilitation is good but what good will it be as long as the person remains unsaved? Governments can go ahead and rightfully execute big time drug dealers (Romans 13:1-3) but the demons will always find new unsaved people to manipulate. The bigger issue of drugs right now is that as much as death penalty should be implemented against big time drug dealers but the Christian's duty is to execute spiritual warfare on drugs.
How can the spiritual warfare be used in a war against narcotics?
It's not an easy battle. The battle against drugs is facing the big boss of the drug cartels himself namely Satan. Although you can't blame Satan for your sins or it's no excuse to say "The Devil made me do it!"but he's the big boss of these drug cartels. The war against the evil one is something that should be taken seriously.
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the LORD, and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the Devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; and for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak. But that ye also may know my affairs, and how I do, Tychicus, a beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord, shall make known to you all things: whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that ye might know our affairs, and that he might comfort your hearts. Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.
The call for a war against narcotics is also a call to fight the evil forces behind them. Here's what can be suggested in applying the whole armor of God against narcotics:
- Do as much research as possible to prove any claim of any dishonest doctor or specialist who claims that narcotics don't cause violence or any damage to its users. This may not always mean getting a degree in medicine. This would mean getting doctors who have handled narcotic addicts to talk about its ill effects.
- Breastplate of righteousness would also mean living a righteous life. This means to show how a life in Christ is much better than a life on drugs. Christians have the righteousness in Christ and they have God's grace to life a righteous life (Titus 2:11-14). 1 Corinthians 6:11 also addresses how a new life in Christ is a changed life.
- Sandals of peace and readiness are necessary. This is to be ready to preach the Gospel but also to show peaceful behavior. It would do no good to preach the Gospel of peace to people involved in narcotics
- The shield of faith would also mean getting ready to face ridicule. The fiery darts of Satan are meant to discourage. Without faith it's just impossible to move forward. There will be politically correct people who will use their fiery lies and their credentials to launch Ad Hominem attacks against people who are below them but know something that discredits their ridiculous claims.
- The helmet of salvation is proof of Christianity. The Sword of the Spirit means the Word of God. It's time to preach the Gospel to narcotic addicts and narcotic dealers alike. People enter the narcotic industry or get addicted to narcotics because they are fallen sinners. They must know the seriousness of their sin before they can truly embrace the forgiveness Jesus offers them.
- Alcohol is a Very Effective Dissolving Agent
- Alcoholism is Slow Suicide
- Beware of Being "Politically Correct" Over Being Scripturally Correct
- Can You Hate Law and Order and Have the Credibility to Talk About God?
- Children Trying to "Grow Up" Fast?
- Despite God's Warnings, People CONTINUE IN THEIR SIN
- Eight Logical Fallacies Commonly Used By Politically Correct People
- God's Law is For Our Protection!
- Going Against Booze and Narcotics is NOT Stupid
- It's Sickening How People Can Sympathize with Criminals over the Victims of Crime
- Just Say No to Political Correctness!
- Legalization of Booze and Narcotics is Dangerous to Society
- Legalized Prostitution and Same Sex Marriage is Returning Sodom to the World
- Liberals Are in a Mess Between Christianity, Islam and Homosexuality!
- List of Crimes That Should Be Punishable By Death
- Listen to This Sermon By Pastor Danny Castle Against Crystal Meth
- Loving People Enough to Tell Them the Whole Truth
- Making Certain Sins Legal by Manmade Laws!
- Playing With Sin is Dangerous!
- Political Correctness Won't Make Sin Smell Any Sweeter to a Holy, Righteous God!
- Sin's Wages Aren't Always Paid Immediately
- Sorry, the Government Cannot Make Moral What God Has Declared Immoral
- The Church Is a Hospital for REPENTANT Sinners and NOT a Haven for Unrepentant Sinners!
- The Death Penalty is Biblical
- The Strong Beer for Real Men? Beer is For Fools!
- The Unregenerate Human Heart Embraces Sin with Wide Open Doors and Welcomed by Both Arms!
- The War Against Drunkards Who Claim to be Christians!
- Warning: Moral Reformation Without the Grace of God Is Meaningless!
- What is Pleasurable is NOT Necessarily Beneficial
- Why Go Against Hard Liquor and Drunkenness?
- The Hypocrisy of the Complete Tolerance Movement
- Whose Rights Are Politically Correct Organizations Defending Anyway?