The problem today is that Antinomians may pretend not to be Antinomians but their doctrine teaches otherwise. The backdoor approach of Antinomianism is that they may put a cover that they're supposedly against sin but they teach that a Christian may get saved and still remain to sin. Again, let me ask them where do they get that from the Bible? While good works don't contribute to getting saved or staying saved but they come out as a result of getting saved. In their teaching that you can get saved and never change they're catering to false conversions. Nobody can get saved and stay the same. Just realizing your own sinfulness and God's graciousness is life changing!
Again, can a Christian be carnal? For a time it's true that they can be carnal but not indefinitely. The term "carnal Christianity" is an oxymoron because Christianity is against carnality. A Christian hasn't reached perfection yet but one can see that Christians aren't happy in their sins. How can a Christian be happy in their sin if they're already saved? The answer is it's just impossible. Hebrews 12:5-7 has God chastising the Christian. God chastises sin but He's also gracious to provide the power to live righteously. No Christian can live sinfully because sanctification is also by the grace of God.
What I really hate about Antinomianism is that they tend to show a God that winks at the sins of the sinner or that He leaves sinners the way they are. When Christians are saved, it's never been that you're saved and you're on your own. John 15:1-8 teaches that you need to abide in Christ to be fruitful. To try to do God's will on your own is foolishness. Since a Christian is saved then it makes them abide in Christ. Authentic faith is like a rough diamond and dug out gold. It's not yet pure but it's subject to purification. True gold and true diamonds survive the purifying process and fake ones don't. That's what differentiates the truly saved from those who aren't (1 John 2:19).
- Can A Truly Saved Christian Sin All They Please? NOT A CHANCE According to Scriptures!
- Debunking the Idea That Reformed Theology Makes Salvation "Complicated"
- Declare a Spiritual War Against the Heresy of Teaching the Possibility of a Fruitless Christianity!
- "Easy Baptists" Are Insulting Old Fashioned Christianity!
- "Easy Christianity" Churches Are Also Leading People to Hell
- "Easy Christianity" Seeks To Separate Itself From Sound Doctrine!
- Examining The Greek Words For Carnal and Justify To Understand Scripture And Dispel Heresy!
- It's Impossible to be a Christian and Not Bear Even ONE Good Fruit for the Lord Jesus Christ
- Jesus Died For Sin Because Man is Not Basically Good
- Jesus Christ is the Lord of EVERY Christian
- Many People Will Die in Their Sins Because of Pride!
- Struggling with Sin
- The Call of Salvation Is Salvation FROM Sin, NOT Salvation to Sin!
- The Dangers of Preaching the Lie That Jesus Doesn't Save People From Their Sins
- The Lukewarm Church Hates the Commandment to Execute Righteous Judgment!
- Why Do Christians Do Good Works Even If They're Not Saved By Good Works?
- You Cannot Be a Christian and Hate the Doctrine of Christian Sanctification
- You Can't Be a Saved Person and Remain Perpetually Disobedient to Christ!