By God's Grace: No Christian Can Ever Love Sin!

I always find it stupid whenever somebody says, "I am a Christian and I can sin all I want."  Such evil men twist the wonderful truth of eternal security as a license for lasciviousness.  When I tell them that they are false converts, they are quick to kick me out calling me whatever names they want.  There is no such thing as saved and living like a devil.  A Christian can fall into states of sin but they cannot be happy in sin nor can they live like the rest of the world.  Even if my flesh is not 100% nailed to the cross but I can be confident by the grace of God that I cannot live like the rest of the world.

A love for sin would be another reason why false converts leave the flock because true men of God renounce the very heresy that grace is a license to sin.  Jude 1:4 warns, "For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ."  When a person claims to be a Christian and lives differently from one's profession, then that profession is a sham as 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 warns, "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?  Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.  And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."  It means, "You were once such vile sinners before you were saved but now you were saved, you now have a different life."

Titus 2:11-14 says,  "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works."  If you have God's grace then you ought to live differently.  There is no way to be saved by grace and never result to any change.  This kind of grace leads to a life-changing power slowly but surely.  But some can say that some people are not teachable but God's grace makes one teachable.  If God's grace can make the people in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 go from unworthy to worthy, from wicked to living righteous lives then certainly He can make the unteachable, teachable by His Holy Spirit.

Philippians 1:3-8 says, "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, for your fellowship in the Gospel from the first day until now; being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace.  For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ."  When God begins His work in the believer then He is bound to finish it.  When He works in the believer, the desires change slowly but surely.  With God working in me in spite of my unworthiness then I will really keep hating sin because I am saved.

Hebrews 12:5-7 says, "And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: for whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.  If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?"  I am confident that one of God's guarantees that I cannot love sin is because aside from His work in me and His grace, He always has his loving hand.  The rest of the world is left to rot in their sins but not God's children.  When the children of God sin, He surely chastises them and such a spanking leads to repentance and restoration.  Not everybody is a child of God as John 1:12-13 says, "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. "

1 John 2:19 warns, "They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us."  When you think about why do people make a profession of faith and they leave?  There are many reasons behind it and one of them has to be the ugly truth of the loving the world, being shallow hearers or they never had any space to believe.  When the thorns of worldliness choke the growing seeds; these people leave the flock because there was no genuine conversion to start with.


See also: