For the Last Time, the Doctrine of Eternal Security Is Not About Sinning All You Want After Salvation

One of the biggest misconceptions about eternal security is that it teaches people can say, "I am now saved, I can do what I want and I am still saved." I am afraid that this picture from Catholic Clips above can be easily used against false converts. I am really disappointed to think if the conditional security crowd are not only accusing me of granting a license to sin while the "easy Christianity" crowd are also accusing me of teaching salvation by works. I am going to address not just the conditional security crowd but also the "easy Christianity" crowd in this issue. I love both of them enough to tell them the truth of their errors because they are in danger of Hellfire.

The conditional security crowd have a lot of misquoting to Scriptures to "prove" you can lose your salvation such as Romans 11:22, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 and Hebrews 10:26-27 to say, "See, you can lose your salvation." To understand the whole issue about doing good works to stay saved while preaching people get saved by faith alone - it is still adding works to salvation. If I had to do good works in order to stay saved rather than do good works because I am already saved then it is works salvation. If I do good works because I am already saved then it is the grace of God that is at work in me. There is a huge difference there. Worse, it is really annoying that such heretical preachers say they are not teaching works salvation when indeed they are teaching works salvation. When I do good works, I only keep in mind that I am for works because I love the LORD and true salvation results to good works. I have no reason to brag why I have a changed life because a changed life is by the grace of God (Ephesians 2:8-10). I do good works because of God's grace and not because I have to. I am no longer under the Law but under grace meaning that I do good works and serve God no longer out of condemnation but out of gratitude.

On the other hand, the "easy Christianity" crowd just has that mentality of well they are saved and they can live any way they want. This can also mean that a degenerate sinner can remain so degenerate as before even after salvation. Such a view is really not in harmony with God's holy grace that inevitably results to change. Whenever they are warned that no man can be saved and live like the Devil, they are quick to kick the preacher from the bottom saying something like, "Are you without sin? I rebuke you, you unloving, judgmental, hypocritical Jesuit agent of a preacher!" One of the sure signs of false conversion is a love for sin because if you are saved, you are going to love God and hate sin as a result. 1 Corinthians 6:11, Ephesians 2:10 and Titus 2:11-14 reveal that God's grace is a life changing power that makes people hate sin and love good. Matthew 1:21 says that Jesus came to save the people from their sins. Anybody who teaches that salvation is a license to sin and that Christians can live life still wantonly sinning, no good fruit showing up and still be saved is really a false convert who needs to be warned of one's false conversion. I have no reason to embrace such people as true converts because if you are saved then there ought to be a change in your life by the grace of God.

Philippians 1:6-7 says,"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace."

See also: