Reading through John 15:1-8 describes Christian growth. Jesus used the word "pruning" to describe what His Father does to the believer. While the worthless branches are certainly false converts but the true branches are the believers. He prunes them because He knows that it's a true branch not a false branch. False branches are thrown aside to the fire while true branches remain. The pruning process is meant to make sure that Christians will be fruitful in their Christian lives. Any good gardener knows the true branches need some pruning every now and then.
Hebrews 12:5-7 is clear that if you're a child of God then expect chastisement. Chastisement is done out of love for the person. It's true that all the pruning and spanking brings great sorrow. Psalm 51 and Ecclesiastes have the sorrow of David and Solomon expressed for their sins. David's sin was with Bathsheba. Solomon's sin was with misusing the wisdom God gave to him. Chastisement happens because a parent loves the child. If you love your children then chastise them when they are wrong. You can't love without chastising while you can chastise without loving.
Sometimes, we need some sorrow to keep us safe. The problem of the flesh is that all good times and no bad times makes it lazy. The flesh just wants to please itself. If Christians are allowed to have only joy without sorrow then they're going to be complacent. Having too many good times makes a person's brain numb. Gold can't be purified without the use of extreme heat. That's why this sorrow must be there to remove the dross of the Christian. God allows bad times to make Christians more and more aware of who's in charge and more fruitful.
- Be Thankful That You Have a Bible!
- Beware: Nobody Can Love Jesus While Hating the Scriptures!
- Can A Truly Saved Christian Sin All They Please? NOT A CHANCE According to Scriptures!
- Debunking the Idea That Reformed Theology Makes Salvation "Complicated"
- Declare a Spiritual War Against the Heresy of Teaching the Possibility of a Fruitless Christianity!
- "Easy Baptists" Are Insulting Old Fashioned Christianity!
- "Easy Christianity" Churches Are Also Leading People to Hell
- "Easy Christianity" Seeks To Separate Itself From Sound Doctrine!
- Examining The Greek Words For Carnal and Justify To Understand Scripture And Dispel Heresy!
- Friendly Reminder: Please Practice No Bible, No Breakfast Policy!
- How Often Do You Study the Bible?
- It's Foolish to Believe That You Can Do God's Work Without His Amazing Grace!
- It's Impossible to be a Christian and Not Bear Even ONE Good Fruit for the Lord Jesus Christ
- It's Not Enough to Just "Read the Bible", You Must Study It!
- Jesus Died For Sin Because Man is Not Basically Good
- Jesus Christ is the Lord of EVERY Christian
- Many People Will Die in Their Sins Because of Pride!
- Satan Loves It When People Are Ignorant of God's Word!
- Sola Parochus or Sola Scriptura?
- Struggling with Sin
- The Bible is Complete, Case Closed!
- The Bible is Daily Bread, Not Cake For Special Occasions!
- The Call of Salvation Is Salvation FROM Sin, NOT Salvation to Sin!
- The Dangers of Preaching the Lie That Jesus Doesn't Save People From Their Sins
- The Difference Between Christian Good Works and Dead Works!
- The Importance of Reaching Out the Youth with the Word of God
- The Worn Out Christian Bible and the Strong Christian
- Theology Separated From Christ is Deadly
- Three Steps of Christian Happiness: Own a Bible, Read It, Apply It!
- Why Do Christians Do Good Works Even If They're Not Saved By Good Works?
- You Cannot Be a Christian and Hate the Doctrine of Christian Sanctification
- You Can't Be a Saved Person and Remain Perpetually Disobedient to Christ!