1 Corinthians 2:8
Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
The resurrection is just as important as the virgin birth, the crucifixion and the burial because they're all part of the prophecies about Christ. His resurrection means that death is conquered to prove who He is. It's not enough that He paid for the penalty of sin by dying but He has to resurrect as part of the great redemption plan.
1 Corinthians 15:54-55
So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
Believing in the resurrection is 100% vital for salvation. You can't get salvation without believing in the Gospel of the death, burial and resurrection. Also, your Jesus must be Lord. If your Jesus is not Lord then you're not saved because you have another Jesus.
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon Him. For whosoever shall call upon the Name of the Lord shall be saved.
Jesus defeated death by resurrecting after He died for the sins of fallen humanity. The resurrection proves that not only sin has been defeated but new life is possible and inevitable. If you get saved you can't remain the same forever. The resurrection's message is also an invitation to new life for all who will believe. If there's no new life after salvation then that salvation is a sham. He defeated the power of sin on the cross and rose from the dead so don't you dare tell me somebody can get saved and never change!
Now that Easter Sunday is here, remember that holiness is not just during the Lenten season but also the whole year round. What's sad to know is that now that Lent is over many are going back to their sinful habits. As for Christians it's time to just keep growing more and more in holiness as it's the inevitable fruit of salvation. Holiness is something that characterizes those who are truly saved as they grow holier by God's grace and not of themselves.
- An Easter Sunday Message on The Appeal of the Lord Jesus Christ
- An Easter Message: Sunday Worship Defended
- Arminianism and Antinomianism are Enemies of Biblical Preaching
- Antinomianism is Heresy
- Antinomianism is One Gospel Which is Not Another
- Are You Going to Church or Just to a Nice Building on a Finely Manicured Lawn?
- Beware: Nobody Can Love Jesus While Hating the Scriptures!
- By God's Grace: No Christian Can Ever Love Sin!
- Can A Truly Saved Christian Sin All They Please? NOT A CHANCE According to Scriptures!
- Can You Hate Law and Order and Have the Credibility to Talk About God?
- Cheap Grace Theology is Deadly
- Charles H. Spurgeon's Quote as a Good Friday Reflection
- Christians Are Losers To the World, Winners For Christ!
- Declare a Spiritual War Against the Heresy of Teaching the Possibility of a Fruitless Christianity!
- Despite the Evidence, MANY ATHEISTS Still Reject the Truth of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ
- Do Roman Catholics Understand the True Meaning Behind Good Friday?
- "Easy Baptists" Are Insulting Old Fashioned Christianity!
- "Easy Christianity" Churches Are Also Leading People t
- "Easy Christianity" Churches Are Also Leading People to Hell
- "Easy Christianity" Seeks To Separate Itself From Sound Doctrine!
- Good Friday Reflection: Jesus' Sacrificial Love Made Him Take God's Judgment For Sin For Us!
- How Does Authentic Faith Differ From Superficial Faith?
- If Your Gospel Is Celebrating Sin, Then It Is Not the Real Gospel of Jesus Christ at All
- Jesus Died For Sin Because Man is Not Basically Good
- Lent is Over, It's Time For A Lot of Roman Catholics to Return to BEING WORLDLY!
- No, Grace is Not an Excuse to Keep Living in Sin!
- No Truly Saved Pastor Ever Teaches Grace Is a License to Sin
- Remember Celebrating Holy Week Is To Remember What Has ALREADY BEEN DONE, NOT SOMETHING THAT IS REPEATEDLY DONE!
- The Call of Salvation Is Salvation FROM Sin, NOT Salvation to Sin!
- The Church Is a Hospital for REPENTANT Sinners and NOT a Haven for Unrepentant Sinners!
- The Closet Antinomians Are Exposing Themselves
- The Easter Bunny DID NOT Die for Your Sins!
- The Foolishness of People Who Want Jesus as Their Savior but Not as Their Lord
- The Immature Christian Struggling in Sin vs. The False Convert Reveling in Sin
- The Jesus of "Easy Christianity" is ANOTHER JESUS!
- The Lord Jesus' Death and Resurrection Defended
- The Message of Easter: Crown of Thorns to Crown of Glory!
- The Problem of Seeker Sensitive Preaching
- The Widespread Growing Plague of Popularity Driven Churches
- Understanding the Seven Last Words of Jesus Christ
- Watered Down Preaching Against Sin Is An Insult to the Cross of Jesus Christ!
- What Did Jesus Mean "IT IS FINISHED"?