It's Good Friday isn't it? The Lenten season is one of the most hypocritical times of the year and Good Friday may be the most hypocritical part of Lent. Many pretend to go into sorrow during Good Friday to "commemorate" Jesus' death but when Easter Sunday comes, it would be just one day ahead before many people go back to living like the rest of the world.
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death He might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
One of the worst teachings that people can have is to belittle the death of Jesus on the cross. If the works salvation crowd diminish it by adding works to it (Galatians 2:21) then the Antinomians make a mockery of it by taking it for granted. For what did Jesus die for? He died for the sins. And what is salvation from? It's salvation from sin and not to sin.
And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call His name Jesus: for He shall save His people from their sins.
Salvation is a call for salvation from sin. It's inconceivable that a holy, righteous God would send His only begotten Son to die only for the penalty of our sins without dying so sin can be defeated from the life of people. This death was meant not only to pay for the penalty of our sins but also to save us from our sins. All those sins were heaped upon the Savior, there's a terrible price to pay for that sin and Jesus paid it. The Gospel is not a call to water down the standards of God's righteousness but to verify it. Jesus was sent because you and me can't pay for our sins except by spending eternity in Hell. So what makes anyone think that salvation is not salvation from sin and only from its penalty?
Here's a warning from Scriptures who think that they can sin all they want after salvation:
For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, and have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, if they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
The very doctrine that you can be saved and still remain the same is a doctrine from the pits of Hell. Didn't Jesus come to die for your sins so you can be free from them? Wasn't it Jesus' very purpose to save His people from their sins? He defeated sin on the cross so why would anyone think that they have a license to sin? Only a false convert would ever think that Jesus died on the cross so people can have a license to sin. If the very fact that Jesus decided to take all our sins upon Himself for our salvation, that He absorbed the full wrath of the Father for our sins and that He paid for our sins by going to Hell would not move you then you're not a true convert.
You can't be a Christian and live in sin as if you never had any real encounter of God's righteousness. If you see what Jesus did for you to pay for your sin wouldn't that make you say, "Lord you did it all for me when I'm undeserving, how may I serve you?" If you're a true convert you wouldn't even think that you have a license to sin because God is too holy to give a license to sin. Whom God saves He will sanctify. A Christian may struggle with sin, they may fall into sin but they can never ever love sinning and be enslaved by it. God's grace is greater than the sin that oppresses the Christian. It's all possible by the cross where the power of sin is crushed and the Christians have that right to claim the power against sin because Jesus died not just for sin but to destroy the power of sin.
- Arminianism and Antinomianism are Enemies of Biblical Preaching
- Antinomianism is Heresy
- Antinomianism is One Gospel Which is Not Another
- Are You Going to Church or Just to a Nice Building on a Finely Manicured Lawn?
- Beware: Nobody Can Love Jesus While Hating the Scriptures!
- By God's Grace: No Christian Can Ever Love Sin!
- Can A Truly Saved Christian Sin All They Please? NOT A CHANCE According to Scriptures!
- Can You Hate Law and Order and Have the Credibility to Talk About God?
- Cheap Grace Theology is Deadly
- Charles H. Spurgeon's Quote as a Good Friday Reflection
- Declare a Spiritual War Against the Heresy of Teaching the Possibility of a Fruitless Christianity!
- Do Roman Catholics Understand the True Meaning Behind Good Friday?
- "Easy Baptists" Are Insulting Old Fashioned Christianity!
- "Easy Christianity" Churches Are Also Leading People t
- "Easy Christianity" Churches Are Also Leading People to Hell
- "Easy Christianity" Seeks To Separate Itself From Sound Doctrine!
- Good Friday Reflection: Jesus' Sacrificial Love Made Him Take God's Judgment For Sin For Us!
- How Does Authentic Faith Differ From Superficial Faith?
- If Your Gospel Is Celebrating Sin, Then It Is Not the Real Gospel of Jesus Christ at All
- Jesus Died For Sin Because Man is Not Basically Good
- No, Grace is Not an Excuse to Keep Living in Sin!
- No Truly Saved Pastor Ever Teaches Grace Is a License to Sin
- Remember Celebrating Holy Week Is To Remember What Has ALREADY BEEN DONE, NOT SOMETHING THAT IS REPEATEDLY DONE!
- The Call of Salvation Is Salvation FROM Sin, NOT Salvation to Sin!
- The Church Is a Hospital for REPENTANT Sinners and NOT a Haven for Unrepentant Sinners!
- The Closet Antinomians Are Exposing Themselves
- The Foolishness of People Who Want Jesus as Their Savior but Not as Their Lord
- The Immature Christian Struggling in Sin vs. The False Convert Reveling in Sin
- The Jesus of "Easy Christianity" is ANOTHER JESUS!
- The Problem of Seeker Sensitive Preaching
- The Widespread Growing Plague of Popularity Driven Churches
- Understanding the Seven Last Words of Jesus Christ
- Watered Down Preaching Against Sin Is An Insult to the Cross of Jesus Christ!
- What Did Jesus Mean "IT IS FINISHED"?