Any good preacher could go ahead and keep discussing about the theatrics of Roman Catholicism such as the use of incense and magnificent ceremonies. But it would be equally misguided to forget about the entertainment driven church. While Rome indeed is the biggest cult there is but the entertainment driven church is no less a gate of Hell. It's still a gate of Hell and all gates to Hell leads to Hell nonetheless. The entertainment driven church is where it focuses on what man wants and what pleases man and not what God wants and what pleases God.
2 Timothy 4:3-4
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
What's happening today is that we have people who don't want sound doctrine. They won't endure it but they would rather go after their lusts. One of these places is the entertainment driven church where the worship service is replaced by a a rock concert. Getting bored with the Roman Catholic priest chanting and waving incense? Getting bored of vain repetitive prayers from various religions? The entertainment driven church is another trap to mislead people away from the truth. If there's one thing that Satan really knows is this fact: people do get bored very easily. That's why we have a lot of false religions scattered left and right. Even one false religion can birth to more and more false religions.
Why people want an entertainment driven church is because these churches deviate from the Bible. There's really no way that Sola Scriptura birthed these entertainment driven churches nor do they adhere to that principle. Instead, they ignore the Bible altogether and make whatever stupid doctrine they have that was made to just please sinful men. Instead of a preaching you have a rapping. Instead of singing hymns they're singing worldly songs. What's the use of saying that you go to attend fellowship on Sundays when you're in an entertainment driven church? It's useless because such churches don't stick to the Word of God. They think they're right because of numbers. But did they ever read what the Bible said about being with the majority doesn't mean you're right?
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Worse, such churches may be giving false guarantees of salvation. They may teach that a person can be saved if they "say a prayer". They think that a person is truly saved simply for saying a prayer but you have no sign of true regeneration. If you're truly saved your light ought to be different. But such people reject such teaching. They hate holiness and sanctification while they deny they do believe in it. They think you can get saved and still remain as rotten as ever. They are coddling false converts who have a false sense of security. True converts don't want to keep sinning. Only false converts may think they have a license to sin.
- Antinomianism is Heresy
- Antinomianism is One Gospel Which is Not Another
- Are You Going to Church or Just to a Nice Building on a Finely Manicured Lawn?
- By God's Grace: No Christian Can Ever Love Sin!
- Can A Truly Saved Christian Sin All They Please? NOT A CHANCE According to Scriptures!
- Cheap Grace Theology is Deadly
- "Easy Baptists" Are Insulting Old Fashioned Christianity!
- "Easy Christianity" Churches Are Also Leading People t
- "Easy Christianity" Churches Are Also Leading People to Hell
- "Easy Christianity" Seeks To Separate Itself From Sound Doctrine!
- How Does Authentic Faith Differ From Superficial Faith?
- If Your Gospel Is Celebrating Sin, Then It Is Not the Real Gospel of Jesus Christ at All
- No, Grace is Not an Excuse to Keep Living in Sin!
- No Truly Saved Pastor Ever Teaches Grace Is a License to Sin
- The Call of Salvation Is Salvation FROM Sin, NOT Salvation to Sin!
- The Church Is a Hospital for REPENTANT Sinners and NOT a Haven for Unrepentant Sinners!
- The Foolishness of People Who Want Jesus as Their Savior but Not as Their Lord
- The Immature Christian Struggling in Sin vs. The False Convert Reveling in Sin
- The Jesus of "Easy Christianity" is ANOTHER JESUS!
- Why the Doctrine of The "Perseverance of the Saints" Is NOT Works Salvation!