Whenever it's the Reformation, it's easy to think about Martin Luther's protest against the Roman Catholic institution. It's easy to think about fighting the Great Whore of Revelation. Here's the question that I'd want to raise, "Do you realize that we're also having churches plagued with easy believism or easy Christianity?" Easy believism is a term that's so easily confused. Some may think that they're easy believists but they reject any notion that a person can get saved and sin all they want. The real easy believists are those who believe that they can be saved and still remain the same. If Rome's doctrine of salvation by works is a sure road to Hell then so is Antinomianism.
It's a common problem today in many churches that they uphold the heresy of easy prayerism. They teach a distorted picture of once saved always saved. Once saved always saved is biblical but we must emphasize on the characteristics of those who are truly saved. If you're once saved you are always saved and the distinction is in the lifestyle. Nobody can receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and still remain the same. Jesus is a Savior from sin and not just a Savior from Hell. But today's easy evangelism has turned Jesus to just a Savior from Hell and has ignored the fact He's also a Savior from sin.
Too many people today will reject any good preacher like Charles H. Spurgeon. For them, preaching any of the marks of somebody who's truly once saved, always saved and rejecting false conversion is teaching works salvation. Even after they're explained to that and shown verses from the Bible that nobody can be saved and remain the same, they still remain stubborn to their stand that it's works salvation. I can't forget my experience of debating a person who claimed to be a Baptist but was teaching the heresy of easy believism. He keeps insisting that if you teach that salvation changes your life then you're teaching works salvation. He teaches that fruit inspection is Pharisaical. He might as well call Jesus a Pharisee because Matthew 7:16-20 warns that by the fruits people shall be known.
Even if most pastors today are such cowards but I'm glad there are still pastors who are willing to make a stand. I don't care if people go to those megachurches that don't preach the truth. The Bible warns in Matthew 7:13-14 that the majority is usually wrong, that the road to destruction to broad and that the Christian road is very narrow. I'd rather have a small number of true converts than a multitude of false converts. That's why I'm calling for a radical reformation against Easy "Christianity".
- Believing in Christ Is Not Just Superficial Belief
- Can A Truly Saved Christian Sin All They Please? NOT A CHANCE According to Scriptures!
- Charles Spurgeon on People Thinking Lightly of Sin
- Charles Spurgeon's Quote on the Gospel Troubling Sinners
- Continuing the Reformation Daily Also Means to Keep Preaching Against Those Sin-Loving False Converts!
- Debunking the Idea That Reformed Theology Makes Salvation "Complicated"
- Declare a Spiritual War Against the Heresy of Teaching the Possibility of a Fruitless Christianity!
- "Easy Baptists" Are Insulting Old Fashioned Christianity!
- "Easy Christianity" Churches Are Also Leading People to Hell
- "Easy Christianity" Seeks To Separate Itself From Sound Doctrine!
- Examining The Greek Words For Carnal and Justify To Understand Scripture And Dispel Heresy!
- If Your Gospel Is Celebrating Sin, Then It Is Not the Real Gospel of Jesus Christ at All
- It's Impossible to be a Christian and Not Bear Even ONE Good Fruit for the Lord Jesus Christ
- Jesus Died For Sin Because Man is Not Basically Good
- Jesus Christ is the Lord of EVERY Christian
- Many People Will Die in Their Sins Because of Pride!
- Proud Sinners and Their False Conversions
- Struggling with Sin
- The Call of Salvation Is Salvation FROM Sin, NOT Salvation to Sin!
- The Dangers of A Watered Down Repentance
- The Dangers of Preaching the Lie That Jesus Doesn't Save People From Their Sins
- The Doctrine of Antinomianism Attempts to Turn Heaven into Hell!
- The Great Baptist Preacher Charles Haddon Spurgeon Will Never Be Popular With The "Easy Christianity" Crowd
- The Lukewarm Church Hates the Commandment to Execute Righteous Judgment!
- The Need For Spurgeonistic Hard Preaching!
- Why Do Christians Do Good Works Even If They're Not Saved By Good Works?
- You Cannot Be a Christian and Hate the Doctrine of Christian Sanctification
- You Can't Be a Saved Person and Remain Perpetually Disobedient to Christ!