If there's any doctrine that Calvinist Christians and non-Calvinists can agree on is that true converts can be distinguished from false converts. There's a different view of the perseverance of the saints but only in slight comparison. Both believe that true converts will persevere to the end. Non-Calvinists like David W. Cloud or late preachers like Aiden W. Tozer, Harren A. Ironside and J. Vernon McGee all still believed that true conversion lasts and false converts will never produce good fruit. The Easy "Christians" may call them Pharisees but Jesus told people to examine people by their fruits. There's no such thing as a Christianity that allows a person to be on their way to Heaven without any change.
Claiming that some Christians will never grow or bear even a single fruit is against God's character. It would also be against God's character to leave people barren in their sins and leave them alone to bear fruit. You could see in John 15:1-8 that Jesus talks about the useless branches and the branches. There's no way that the Christians would represent the false branches. They are the branches that are pruned by the Father so they could bear much fruit. The Father knows Christians will bear fruit but He is never satisfied at their current state. Hebrews 12:5-7 says that God chastises those He loves. Titus 2:11-14 says that God's grace teaches righteous living. It's impossible to find even one verse to suggest that a person can get saved and still remain the same. That whole idea is repulsive because true grace teaches righteousness and delivers from sinful living. Yet we still have a lot of heretics out there who continue to insist in fruitless Christianity.
Every true child of God acknowledges that they're saved from both Hell and sin. To be saved from Hell is to be saved from sin. It's sin that causes people to go to Hell. God hates sin because it's sin that sends every unsaved person to Hell. But what's so sad is that so many people just want to be saved only from Hell but not from sin which is just impossible. What's worse is that so many people today recite the sinner's prayer but they are never truly converted. They never understood the Gospel. They want Jesus as Savior but not as Lord. There's no apology in saying that Jesus is Lord and He has every right to be the Lord of your life. If your Jesus isn't the Lord of your olife and then you have never been saved to start with.
- Arminianism and Antinomianism are Enemies of Biblical Preaching
- Antinomianism is Heresy
- Antinomianism is One Gospel Which is Not Another
- Are You Going to Church or Just to a Nice Building on a Finely Manicured Lawn?
- Beware: Nobody Can Love Jesus While Hating the Scriptures!
- By God's Grace: No Christian Can Ever Love Sin!
- Can A Truly Saved Christian Sin All They Please? NOT A CHANCE According to Scriptures!
- Can You Hate Law and Order and Have the Credibility to Talk About God?
- Cheap Grace Theology is Deadly
- Charles H. Spurgeon's Quote as a Good Friday Reflection
- Declare a Spiritual War Against the Heresy of Teaching the Possibility of a Fruitless Christianity!
- Do Roman Catholics Understand the True Meaning Behind Good Friday?
- "Easy Baptists" Are Insulting Old Fashioned Christianity!
- "Easy Christianity" Churches Are Also Leading People to Hell
- "Easy Christianity" Seeks To Separate Itself From Sound Doctrine!
- Good Friday Reflection: Jesus' Sacrificial Love Made Him Take God's Judgment For Sin For Us!
- Good Friday Reminder: Jesus' Death Is to Liberate You from Your Sin Not to Liberate You to Sin
- Holiness Doesn't Stop After Holy Week, It's a Daily Walk in the Christian Life
- How Does Authentic Faith Differ From Superficial Faith?
- If Your Gospel Is Celebrating Sin, Then It Is Not the Real Gospel of Jesus Christ at All
- Jesus Died For Sin Because Man is Not Basically Good
- No, Grace is Not an Excuse to Keep Living in Sin!
- No Truly Saved Pastor Ever Teaches Grace Is a License to Sin
- Remember Celebrating Holy Week Is To Remember What Has ALREADY BEEN DONE, NOT SOMETHING THAT IS REPEATEDLY DONE!
- The Call of Salvation Is Salvation FROM Sin, NOT Salvation to Sin!
- The Church Is a Hospital for REPENTANT Sinners and NOT a Haven for Unrepentant Sinners!
- The Closet Antinomians Are Exposing Themselves
- The Foolishness of People Who Want Jesus as Their Savior but Not as Their Lord
- The Immature Christian Struggling in Sin vs. The False Convert Reveling in Sin
- The Jesus of "Easy Christianity" is ANOTHER JESUS!
- The Modern Gospel is One Gospel Which is Not Another
- The Problem of Seeker Sensitive Preaching
- The Widespread Growing Plague of Popularity Driven Churches
- Understanding the Seven Last Words of Jesus Christ
- Watered Down Preaching Against Sin Is An Insult to the Cross of Jesus Christ!
- What Did Jesus Mean "IT IS FINISHED"?