You Can Never Love Jesus and Hate Studying the Bible at the Same Time

It's stupid how how some people who say, "I love Jesus." but when I ask them about Bible studies they're so indifferent. That kind of attitude is a problem today in the modern "church". We have people who have an Easy "Christianity". They adhere to the heresy that you can get saved without resulting to any necessary changes. There's nothing in Scriptures to suggest that one could get saved and never be delivered from a life of sin. Worse, such people think they can get saved and have no interest in reading the Bible. Worse, when I tell them that they could be false converts they start accusing me of teaching works salvation.

I remembered somebody tried to argue from Romans 7:15 to justify carnal Christianity. I admit that person is always taking verses out of context. It's amazing how he claims to be a Christian but hates personal holiness one way or another. He also hates expository preaching and accused preachers like Charles H. Spurgeon and John Gill as "Jesuits". He's also called a lot of expository preachers as "Jesuits" in his quest to promote his Antinomian Christianity. I wonder has he read the rest of the context especially Romans 7;22 which says Paul delights after the Law of God? He was citing from the King James Version but I wonder did he use a black marker to delete certain verses that point to sanctification?

If you love Jesus then the natural reaction is that you want to know Him more. It's stupid to say you have Jesus but you hate His Word. If you get saved then your desires will start to differ. Nobody can be saved and still love the world. No, the Christian will start growing in grace to reject the world. It will be a cold day in Hell before there will ever be a Christian who loves Jesus but not the Scriptures.
Psalm 1:2 
But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
Psalm 40:8 
I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, Thy Law is within my heart.
Psalm 119:70
Their heart is as fat as grease; but I delight in Thy Law.
Psalm 119:77 
Let Thy tender mercies come unto me, that I may live: for Thy Law is my delight.
Psalm 119:92 
Unless thy law had been my delights, I should then have perished in mine affliction. 
Psalm 119:174 
I have longed for Thy salvation, O LORD; and Thy Law is my delight. 

David expressed how much the Law of God is his delight. The Christian's desire for the Word of God is not only an ought but it should result to delighting in the Word of God. Becoming a Christian means you seek to love the Word of God. You want to learn more from the Word and God and take it into context and not out of context.
John 17:17  
Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy Word is truth.

If you hate sanctification and holiness then the Bible isn't the book for you. If you hate sanctification then the Bible will disagree with you 100%. I don't read it anywhere that you can get saved and still remain the same. If you love Jesus then you will love His Word and you will desire to know Him more. In turn, you want to be more like him in the pursuit of Christian holiness.

See also: