I remembered somebody tried to argue from Romans 7:15 to justify carnal Christianity. I admit that person is always taking verses out of context. It's amazing how he claims to be a Christian but hates personal holiness one way or another. He also hates expository preaching and accused preachers like Charles H. Spurgeon and John Gill as "Jesuits". He's also called a lot of expository preachers as "Jesuits" in his quest to promote his Antinomian Christianity. I wonder has he read the rest of the context especially Romans 7;22 which says Paul delights after the Law of God? He was citing from the King James Version but I wonder did he use a black marker to delete certain verses that point to sanctification?
If you love Jesus then the natural reaction is that you want to know Him more. It's stupid to say you have Jesus but you hate His Word. If you get saved then your desires will start to differ. Nobody can be saved and still love the world. No, the Christian will start growing in grace to reject the world. It will be a cold day in Hell before there will ever be a Christian who loves Jesus but not the Scriptures.
But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, Thy Law is within my heart.
Their heart is as fat as grease; but I delight in Thy Law.
Let Thy tender mercies come unto me, that I may live: for Thy Law is my delight.
Unless thy law had been my delights, I should then have perished in mine affliction.
I have longed for Thy salvation, O LORD; and Thy Law is my delight.
David expressed how much the Law of God is his delight. The Christian's desire for the Word of God is not only an ought but it should result to delighting in the Word of God. Becoming a Christian means you seek to love the Word of God. You want to learn more from the Word and God and take it into context and not out of context.
Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy Word is truth.
If you hate sanctification and holiness then the Bible isn't the book for you. If you hate sanctification then the Bible will disagree with you 100%. I don't read it anywhere that you can get saved and still remain the same. If you love Jesus then you will love His Word and you will desire to know Him more. In turn, you want to be more like him in the pursuit of Christian holiness.
- Arminianism and Antinomianism are Enemies of Biblical Preaching
- Antinomianism is Heresy
- Antinomianism is One Gospel Which is Not Another
- Are You Going to Church or Just to a Nice Building on a Finely Manicured Lawn?
- Beware: Nobody Can Love Jesus While Hating the Scriptures!
- By God's Grace: No Christian Can Ever Love Sin!
- Can A Truly Saved Christian Sin All They Please? NOT A CHANCE According to Scriptures!
- Can You Hate Law and Order and Have the Credibility to Talk About God?
- Cheap Grace Theology is Deadly
- Declare a Spiritual War Against the Heresy of Teaching the Possibility of a Fruitless Christianity!
- "Easy Baptists" Are Insulting Old Fashioned Christianity!
- "Easy Christianity" Churches Are Also Leading People t
- "Easy Christianity" Churches Are Also Leading People to Hell
- "Easy Christianity" Seeks To Separate Itself From Sound Doctrine!
- How Does Authentic Faith Differ From Superficial Faith?
- If Your Gospel Is Celebrating Sin, Then It Is Not the Real Gospel of Jesus Christ at All
- It's Not About Church Size, It's About Church Substance!
- Just Because a Church's Got a Lot of Members Doesn't Mean It's Faithfully Serving God!
- No, Grace is Not an Excuse to Keep Living in Sin!
- No Truly Saved Pastor Ever Teaches Grace Is a License to Sin
- The Call of Salvation Is Salvation FROM Sin, NOT Salvation to Sin!
- The Church Is a Hospital for REPENTANT Sinners and NOT a Haven for Unrepentant Sinners!
- The Closet Antinomians Are Exposing Themselves
- The Foolishness of People Who Want Jesus as Their Savior but Not as Their Lord
- The Immature Christian Struggling in Sin vs. The False Convert Reveling in Sin
- The Jesus of "Easy Christianity" is ANOTHER JESUS!
- The Problem of Seeker Sensitive Preaching
- The Widespread Growing Plague of Popularity Driven Churches
- Why the Doctrine of The "Perseverance of the Saints" Is NOT Works Salvation!