It's a big frustration that people today think sin is just a fantasy word. They think that sin is just some "little wrong" and it's harmless. Let me tell you this that sin is not harmless. It doesn't come cheap because it cost God the Father His only Son to die for it. Salvation is free grace but not cheap grace. Sad to say but many people today think that sin is just harmless. They think that it's just playing with a dolphin but they're actually playing with a shark. Every sin has its consequence. Flirt with sin and sin will destroy you one way or another.
In Numbers 32:23 we read, "But if ye will not do so, behold, ye have sinned against the Lord: and be sure your sin will find you out." The context was that the Tribe of Reuben tried to be lax because they already got their share. But they were warned that if they don't do their job that they can be sure that their sin will find them out. The words "be sure your sin will find you out." is a very scary thought indeed.
Paul warned in Galatians 6:7-8 saying, "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap/ For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting." You reap sin you sow its results. People today just want to be freed from the consequences of sin and not from sin itself. But God won't do that because He's holy and He wants to save people not just from Hell but from sin itself.
While backsliding means you didn't lose your salvation but there are still consequences to follow even after fellowship is restored and repentance takes place. For a Christian to fall into a certain degree of compromise with sin can yield deadly results. Remember when David fell into adultery with Bathsheba? A lot of people scorned and mocked him. The world is willing to condone a million sins of its own but it will persecute the Christian non-stop for that moment of sin.
At the same time, unbelievers will continue to play with sin for as long as they care. They do it because they're unsaved sinners. They're degenerate. Swine enjoy the mud because they're swine. Snakes do what they do because they're snakes. Sinners love sin because they're sinners. They'll continue to play with sin for all they want until they reach their ruin. The day of the wicked is scheduled. Deuteronomy 32:35 warns, "To me belongeth vengeance and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste."
- Believing in Christ Is Not Just Superficial Belief
- Can A Truly Saved Christian Sin All They Please? NOT A CHANCE According to Scriptures!
- Charles Spurgeon on People Thinking Lightly of Sin
- Charles Spurgeon's Quote on the Gospel Troubling Sinners
- Continuing the Reformation Daily Also Means to Keep Preaching Against Those Sin-Loving False Converts!
- Debunking the Idea That Reformed Theology Makes Salvation "Complicated"
- Declare a Spiritual War Against the Heresy of Teaching the Possibility of a Fruitless Christianity!
- "Easy Baptists" Are Insulting Old Fashioned Christianity!
- "Easy Christianity" Churches Are Also Leading People to Hell
- "Easy Christianity" Seeks To Separate Itself From Sound Doctrine!
- Examining The Greek Words For Carnal and Justify To Understand Scripture And Dispel Heresy!
- If Your Gospel Is Celebrating Sin, Then It Is Not the Real Gospel of Jesus Christ at All
- It's Impossible to be a Christian and Not Bear Even ONE Good Fruit for the Lord Jesus Christ
- Jesus Died For Sin Because Man is Not Basically Good
- Jesus Christ is the Lord of EVERY Christian
- Many People Will Die in Their Sins Because of Pride!
- Proud Sinners and Their False Conversions
- Struggling with Sin
- The Call of Salvation Is Salvation FROM Sin, NOT Salvation to Sin!
- The Dangers of A Watered Down Repentance
- The Dangers of Preaching the Lie That Jesus Doesn't Save People From Their Sins
- The Doctrine of Antinomianism Attempts to Turn Heaven into Hell!
- The Great Baptist Preacher Charles Haddon Spurgeon Will Never Be Popular With The "Easy Christianity" Crowd
- The Lukewarm Church Hates the Commandment to Execute Righteous Judgment!
- The Need For Spurgeonistic Hard Preaching!
- Why Do Christians Do Good Works Even If They're Not Saved By Good Works?
- You Cannot Be a Christian and Hate the Doctrine of Christian Sanctification
- You Can't Be a Saved Person and Remain Perpetually Disobedient to Christ!